Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 AM   #1

New owner question slide toppers

I just put a deposit on a brand new (to me) 2012 Greyhawk 31FS (bunkhouse). I should be taking delivery second weekend of Nov. My question is what are the lengths of the slides. I can't find that information. I'm trying to price out toppers for both slides. If anyone has this model and a few mins to spare please strike a tape line for me and let me know the length. Thank you very much.
Wygantmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #2

I have a 2015 31FS and had the same problem. Unfortunately I'm deployed at the moment so i can't help, but what we did was take ours in to a Camping world that was doing our warranty repairs and had them measure it up for us, they gave us 25% off the purchase of course after we agreed to pay for the installation which was surprisingly inexpensive. Which color did you end up with?
RangerRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:59 AM   #3

I have a 2012 31fs and I am also looking for toppers. The only problem is the awning is right next to the slide and creates a problem with mounting it. I'm gonna take it to someone and have them give me some insight on size and mounting.
Unless another member can give me a picture of that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hivoltage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRob View Post
Which color did you end up with?
They come in colors? We ordered them from our dealer but no one mentioned the possibility of different colors.

That is the least of our issues. On October 20 I was told that the first available service appt was December 20th and that then there would be ANOTHER 8 days before they could look at the coach and give us an estimate . . . THEN another few days to get into the work area. WHAT?

Richardson's in SoCal is just too busy. Where else can we get warranty work done?

Kathleen
Livin' and lovin' Life!
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wygantmb View Post
I just put a deposit on a brand new (to me) 2012 Greyhawk 31FS (bunkhouse). I should be taking delivery second weekend of Nov. My question is what are the lengths of the slides. I can't find that information. I'm trying to price out toppers for both slides. If anyone has this model and a few mins to spare please strike a tape line for me and let me know the length. Thank you very much.
I don't have slide toppers but have heard they flap around a lot when its very windy when camping and can be very annoying.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:01 PM   #6

I have heard pros and cons of the slide covers. we were told that the coach stays cooler with slide covers. But now I read that they can also cause excess noise.

Any other opinions? Are they generally thought of as good ? or bad?

Kathleen
Livin' and lovin' Life!
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #7

We have had three motorhomes over the years and all of their slide outs each had a topper. We don't really think it should be any other way.
If they are properly installed and if needed maintained, they shouldn't move much or at all even in the windiest of conditions.

Keeping the space cooler might be but it probably is not something that can be felt.
They come in a variety of materials and colors. Some of the ones we've had from Carefree of Colorado can also double as window shades once the slide out is open--unlatch the hooks and pull it down to shade the windows. That certainly makes a difference in "coolness".

Whichever you choose, get them equipped with covers to prevent rotting and billowing while under way.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #8

We have slide toppers on 2 of the 3 slides we have, the third is in the back and there is no way of adding one. I had slide toppers on the TT we had for 10 years, It did not create more noise, I do believe it kept the coach cooler in the sun, and certainly kept the slide itself cleaner on the top. With the slide on the back I have to go up the a ladder before I retract the rear slide to clean off any debris that may have fallen from the trees, It's not a huge issue, just another task to do before leaving.

Hope someone can help you out with the size!
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote