Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #21

Our 2019 didn't come with a ladder either.
We complained and they gave us a generic one like I'd find on Amazon. Comes with all hardware to mount.
Bryanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCamper View Post
Just purchased a 2021 Redhawk SE 22C motorhome. It did not come with a ladder to access the over cab bunks. Jayco parts department tells me that there is not a bunk ladder option for this unit. My question is: How do you get up on the over the cab bunk without a ladder?
Our 2017 Greyhawk 29ME did come with a ladder, but the steps are not very deep and very uncomfortable to step on and the rungs are too far apart. As others have said, I bought one on Amazon that is much better. I did have to cut it down a bit but not difficult. It did come with the hardware to clip the top to the overcab bunk edge. My 1 and 6 year old grand daughters use it a lot.
scravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:41 PM   #23

Buy a three step step ladder. I replaced mine and so glad I did.
The bunk rungs are very narrow and hurt my feet.
The step ladder comes in handy for other things both inside and outside of the RV.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #24

Lol you got a deal!!!
Chuckmaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #25

No ladder

I bought a 2020 version of the same model and it does not come with a ladder. I am able to climb up from the dining seat. Not ideal. On the other hand there is no storage issue with the ladder. They don’t even appear to offer one as an option.
wiarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCamper View Post
Just purchased a 2021 Redhawk SE 22C motorhome. It did not come with a ladder to access the over cab bunks. Jayco parts department tells me that there is not a bunk ladder option for this unit. My question is: How do you get up on the over the cab bunk without a ladder?
Thats insane, I have a 24 B Redhawk and have one, ask to buy a bunk ladder, maybe amazon has one
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobinson6 View Post
Thats insane, I have a 24 B Redhawk and have one, ask to buy a bunk ladder, maybe amazon has one

I am guessing that the SE models are the ones affected. The ladders are garbage anyway. He is better off buying a good one.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
I am guessing that the SE models are the ones affected. The ladders are garbage anyway. He is better off buying a good one.
+1

When I was shopping a few years ago, I knew the Redhawks didn't come with a ladder. And I knew what I was going to do if we needed one (either build, buy, or modify).

The ladders are kind of like the mattresses IMO. They put it in there to say there's one in there. Then sometimes they brag about how good they are or how much money they spent on that "upgraded component" (anyone remember the "premium quality Denver mattresses" the trailers used to come with? What a piece of crap that was, and they were SO proud of them). Truth is they're garbage and should be replaced immediately, so it'd be better if they never even put it in to begin with.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:02 PM   #29

Over cab storage question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavman View Post
My cabover in my 25r is a storage area, so u can have my ladder...lol
Just purchased a 2019 Redhawk which, btw, has no ladder, we intend to use this area for storage, sheets, towels, extras... but are concerned about things falling off. Have you put up rails or something to prevent that?
Thanks
Yankee Quilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 06:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I would purchase one from amazon or another retailer, not necessarily this one although this one is a best seller. There are several to choose from on amazon and I suspect wherever RV parts are sold you could also obtain one. You certainly need a ladder to get up there, I have crawled into mine w/o one and it is a challenge for sure. Maybe not a challenge for small children with help from an adult though. I mainly use mine for extra storage. ~CA
I have a 2019 Jayco Redhawk SE 22C and I purchased this 52” ladder from Amazon. It was perfect fit and stores nicely behind the drivers seat. It came with brackets I installed on edge of bunk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
janellc1 is offline   Reply With Quote