Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2020, 07:33 AM   #1

On the Level

Arrived at the campground yesterday at what looked to be a fairly level site. Moved the RV several times but simply could not get it to auto level. Used a few rubber pads I have when parked; no dice. Finally called the office and they brought some planks. Gent said he never had problem with that site, and recommended that I reset the system. So...the question is, does the leveling system occasionally need to be recalibrated?
Old 11-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #2

Yes. The leveler's book goes into it. I did have a prob with mine once or twice but I just ignored it. Next stop was great. I wouldn't get too worried yet.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

I tried to calibrate mine but it didn't seem to make a difference. I feel it just levels to a "close enough for government work". I assume it has sensors that detect level but unless the sensors were spread wide apart, you will get what you get.

I installed some good old fashion bubble levels in an area that can be seen while at the leveler buttons. I auto level first and then fine tune to the bubble levels after. I am always able to improve on what it ended up with.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:57 AM   #4

I installed a level mate pro in our class c. When getting to site I turn unit on and slowly check different location for level. After determining best location I then use auto level. Some sites are real bad but unit then lets me know which corner to block and how many inches to add. Safe travels.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post
Yes. The leveler's book goes into it. I did have a prob with mine once or twice but I just ignored it. Next stop was great. I wouldn't get too worried yet.
x2 I tried to level my coach with its HWH system on a minor grade in a driving rain (no idea if this was part of the problem) and the silly thing tried to roll the coach over. One side went to its travel limits while the other side did nothing! I stopped it, retracted everything, then started from scratch by shutting everything down. The second time all went normally and it levelled perfectly, and it has has been well behaved since.
Scoutmaster253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:14 AM   #6

I level automatically but check fore and aft, plus side to side with a "leveling app on my smart phone" Sometimes a minor adjustment is needed. It always ends up with what ever the SWMBO thinks is right. That works every time.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #7

Do a reset on it

Ya hold two buttons at same time, ca t remember what ones, google your system
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
So...the question is, does the leveling system occasionally need to be recalibrated?

Lippert calls is "setting the null" I believe.

But if you're expecting zeroed bubbles, perfection - don't, The tolerance built into the unit is pretty wide. I forget what I read, but if you want dead-level, you may be tweaking things after the auto-level gets you close.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #9

As long as the doors stay where I left them and things don't roll off the table or me out of bed, I consider the rig level enough. Anything more and I am approaching OCD. (lol).

I do have an RVi Brake3 and command center for towing and TPMS. The comm hub is on a shelf in the dining area. It can be used as a much more accurate bubble level and it usually always agrees with the Lippert system panel. I rarely check both on any stop.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote