Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2023, 10:37 AM   #1

Power control center is lit, but blank.

The power control center is responsible for managing the AC loads. If you try to run too many devices it will shutdown some of them. The control center lets you select the source current, 15 20 or 30. It then makes sure the load isn't too great. It also displays the current load in amps. It no longer has a display. The backlight is lit, but the display has nothing appearing. I pressed all (2) the buttons but nothing seems to show up. Two questions, how can I trouble shoot this thing and what is the default mode assuming it is working and just the display function is shot.

Thanks,
Jim.

PS I'm plugged into a 20 amp household circuit with a 15 to 30 amp dongle and the microwave, converter and the refer are working. I have power.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:13 AM   #2

Sounds like the thing has died. I have attached the manual for the unit but it doesn't appear to offer much in troubleshooting. Maybe you can contact the manufacturer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power-Control-System.pdf (438.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf Power-Control-System-Midi-Manual-B.pdf (475.3 KB, 4 views)

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:48 AM   #3

Jim,

I appreciate receiving the files and find them to be quite intriguing. While I concur with your assessment, I was hoping for the existence of a reset button. Consequently, I have reached out to Precision and am eagerly anticipating positive news.

Thanks again,
Jim.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:24 AM   #4

I contacted the company and they said to disconnect the A/C power and the house batteries effectively doing a power cycle reset. I took the unit off of the wall, disconnected it and reconnected and it came up working!

I just wanted to be sure that I had documented the fix in case someone else had the problem and happened on this thread. I really hate it when I read about a problem that someone had and they just indicated it was fixed without giving any details.

Jim.