Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #1

Price to pay for a 2020 super c

Just wondering if anyone knows how much dealers can come off price...
MSRP $261,586.... they quoted $184,900 which I know is the MAP price...but how much lower can they go...anyone out there get a deal lower than the MAP price?
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #2

I paid less than the map. I went with an Accolade because the price was the same, I got the options at that cost and a better structural warranty. Options were Washer/ Dryer, theater seats and Satellite Dish.

I got an additional discount because we are taking the rig to Middlebury for some repairs the dealer can’t handle.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjenn View Post
...but how much lower can they go...anyone out there get a deal lower than the MAP price?
Go on RvTrader.com and compare prices across the country on the same rig. This will tell you what the going price is.

Don't be afraid to scare the dealer and tell him you'll fly to another city to buy and drive home. I did that, and saved an additional $3K -$4K MORE than I thought I could negotiate from my dealer.

Alternatively, make up a list of all the accessories or add-ons you're think of adding on the new rig, and try to strong-arm the dealer to throw in as many as possible. This ends up less costly to the dealer, since he buys them wholesale.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #4

Based on all my purchases you should be able to get them down to $170,000 to $175,000 or 35% off
Old 01-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Based on all my purchases you should be able to get them down to $170,000 to $175,000 or 35% off

What Grumpy said, we bought our 2018.5 brand new in 3/18 for $172k

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #6

Quote:
MSRP $261,586.... they quoted $184,900 which I know is the MAP price...but how much lower can they go...anyone out there get a deal lower than the MAP price?
Thanks to all of that replied to my post..
Another question... how do you tow a vehicle behind your super c....what is the best to use...
Old 01-26-2020, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Another question... how do you tow a vehicle behind your super c....what is the best to use...
I tow a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Is it the best? That depends on who you ask. It is best for us and our situation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	66530004-513F-4F42-9BA5-E7273356E069.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	56059
Old 01-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I tow a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Is it the best? That depends on who you ask. It is best for us and our situation.

Attachment 56059
What kind of towing system? Blue ox or other?
Old 01-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #9

Quote:
What kind of towing system? Blue ox or other?
Roadmaster. Sterling tow bar, baseplate and InvsiBrake. Roadmaster harness for lights and brake monitor. Had them put in a dedicated charging line for the JGC. Cost was 3200.00 installed.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:48 PM   #10

Quote:
I flat tow a 2019 Ford Edge ST behind my Seneca. It does great, replaced a 2014 Explorer Sport I had previously.

There are a multitude of variables to consider regarding a towed vehicle. Some vehicles can be towed 4-down, some can be dolly towed, some can only be trailered. Many 4-wheel drive vehicles with a transfer case (with neutral) can be flat towed. A suggestion would be to figure out what size vehicle you need, then research vehicles in that segment.

Dollies and trailers add to storage considerations, a few campgrounds will even charge an extra fee for dolly or trailer storage and/or require it to be stored in a separate lot. Plus you need to store it at home. Flat towing requires a compatible vehicle, the tow bar itself, towed vehicle modifications, and an auxiliary braking system. Can be a substantial investment. Obviously, dollies and trailers are not cheap either.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:

I think down the road I’d like to switch up to a Seneca Super C as well. You get can get an online quote from RVDirect and they will email you the price. That would at least give u another price to compare to the ones you’ll get elsewhere. I bought my second Jayco from them and saved a lot.

Please post up the quotes you do get...

https://www.rvdirect.com/index.php
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I flat tow a 2019 Ford Edge ST behind my Seneca. It does great, replaced a 2014 Explorer Sport I had previously.

There are a multitude of variables to consider regarding a towed vehicle. Some vehicles can be towed 4-down, some can be dolly towed, some can only be trailered. Many 4-wheel drive vehicles with a transfer case (with neutral) can be flat towed. A suggestion would be to figure out what size vehicle you need, then research vehicles in that segment.

Dollies and trailers add to storage considerations, a few campgrounds will even charge an extra fee for dolly or trailer storage and/or require it to be stored in a separate lot. Plus you need to store it at home. Flat towing requires a compatible vehicle, the tow bar itself, towed vehicle modifications, and an auxiliary braking system. Can be a substantial investment. Obviously, dollies and trailers are not cheap either.
I would be towing a Jeep Sahara...
Old 01-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #13

Quote:
I'm not a "Jeep guy" but my understanding is that a Wrangler is one of the easiest vehicles to equip for towing, as well being simple to connect, make ready for towing and then disconnect upon arrival.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Another question...is insurance high on a super C...compared to a pinnacle fifth wheel
Old 01-26-2020, 11:18 PM   #15

I tow a 2015 Jeep JKU using a Ready Brute Elite tow bar with the braking system built in and a Currie Enterprises tow/skid plate. Easy to hook up and be ready to go in 5-10 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
33227ED5-027B-45C7-B276-70F5BBA50008.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Another question...is insurance high on a super C...compared to a pinnacle fifth wheel
Can't say high, but definitely higher.

You will be paying not only comprehensive, but also liability & medical. When you tow that is covered under your tow vehicle policy and that is usually the highest part of any insurance policy
Old 01-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #17

30% off MSRP you can get any day of the week. 35% typically toward end of model year sales and 40% when its been on the lot for a while. I got my greyhawk around 37%.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglght View Post
30% off MSRP you can get any day of the week. 35% typically toward end of model year sales and 40% when its been on the lot for a while. I got my greyhawk around 37%.
You can expect Jayco to start building 2021 units beginning sometime in March. I know three of us here ordered in March and got 2018.1 units delivered in June.

Check out Motorhomes 2 Go and RVOne. Local dealer would beat them; drove to Florida for truck.

2018 Honda Accord on a Dolly because that is what I found.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #19
CAG

Quote:
I am in the process of getting my Sahara set up for towing. I pretty much have all of the equipment needed. The two most expensive items will be the tow bar and brake system. The base plate is next in expense. I planned to do most of the install myself but then decided against doing the brake system and lights. Too many moving parts for my shade tree experience. There are several routes you can go (vendors) and it will come down to your preferences. I did not want holes drilled in the floorboard of my Wrangler and a big bar between the seat and brake that had to be installed each time. The BlueOx Patriot 3 was cumbersome and involved a "set up" each time. I went with another system that involves a flip of a switch to engage the brakes system and nothing showing in the Jeep.

PM me if you are interested in what I found but this topic like any other "where you sit is where you stand" gets everyone favorite equipment. It is a choice that you need to be happy with so gathering the info is great. Making a choice is up to your tastes.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #20

We tow a Jeep Wrangler with a blue ox towing system.Have used Roadmaster systems in the past but found Blue Ox hookups to be much easier and quicker.
Bob and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote