Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #21

Have you ever wanted to go to the factory and just speak your mind to the Genius factory workers who built your RV. I can imagine some of us might need a Bailbondsman if we got a chance to talk to these Genius’s .
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
On mine they are both physically exactly the same; both black with black covers. The fresh connection resides a couple inches directly above the tank flush connection.

It could be that the "technician" at the factory applied the labels wrong on OP's unit. I've seen that happen before on tank valve handles. The picture was of the waste valve handles; the grey handle had a "black tank" sticker above it, and the black handle had a "grey tank" sticker above it.
My memory was off that day. They are actually next to each other. Still both physically exactly the same though; black with black caps.

The city water has a sticker that says so, the black flush has a sticker warning you not to run the flush with the blade valve closed (so you don't overflow the tank)

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:58 AM   #23

Both my connections are white. The bottom was unlabeled. I've got the whole plumbing thing figured out now. I found it really interesting that the 'city' hookups, once switched to the correct valve arrows, completely isolated the fresh water tank. We disconnected and I forgot to switch them back and the pump wouldn't supply water until I moved the valves back to 'normal'.

Sure was fun for the first time out. It's been 14 years since we got a new coach. I have quite a list of things we forgot to pack
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:16 PM   #24

I betcha you should be happy that you black tank is full, and not 'over over over' full.
My brother-in-law hooked up to the wrong fitting. When his wife started hollering from inside their trailer......LOL!
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:04 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I suspect it is a cone washer issue.

At the city water connection, there is a cone hose washer. To winterize you have the cone inwards to push the check valve open to pump rv antifreeze into the system.

I suspect the cone washer is still pressing the check valve open. Flip it and I bet your pump will build pressure.
Had the same issue. It was the cone washer screen flipped 180 degrees in the city water connection when the camper was winterized. Technicians do this to get past the diaphragm seal. Basically this never lets the pump build pressure and it is lost to atmosphere.
ElConquistadorAng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water tank prime