Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

Redhawk Driver Seat

Before I bought our 2019 Redhawk....I was mistakenly under the impression the driver seat was powered.

I realized before purchase that I was wrong. That being said, I was looking under the driver seat and there are some wires and what looks like a little motor running to and from it. There is even an open connector at the end of one of those wire sets that looks like it is just waiting for something to be connected.

Any idea what this little motor and wires are?
Kinggartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:56 AM   #2

Not really sure what you have without seeing it, but my 2018 Redhawk has a powered driver seat. Weird that they would change to a manual seat for the new model year. Not unlikely, just weird.
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheDJ View Post
Not really sure what you have without seeing it, but my 2018 Redhawk has a powered driver seat. Weird that they would change to a manual seat for the new model year. Not unlikely, just weird.
Where are the controls for your powered seat? I was sure mine was powered...but I can't find controls.

There is the bar in front to slide back and foreward, and the levers on the side to lean back and forward.
Kinggartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:53 AM   #4

My controls are located on the right hand side of the drivers seat. No manual controls, other than the back angle, are found on my seat. I guess they must have gone to a manual seat. Odd.
Attached Thumbnails
0529190744a.jpg  
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #5

Can confirm 2019 went manual. Musta saved em $100. Not a big deal but jeesh.
matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by matter View Post
Can confirm 2019 went manual. Musta saved em $100. Not a big deal but jeesh.
Once Thor took them over, they started taking the knife to the product. I suppose we can only expect more of the same.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
Once Thor took them over, they started taking the knife to the product. I suppose we can only expect more of the same.
It had nothing to do with THOR the Redhawk did not even list a power driver seat, but the 2018 Greyhawk did. So if you have a 2018 Redhawk with a power seat you got a free upgrade with the chassis they used.

JAYCO dropped the power seat on all E-450's probably due to chassis inventory needs. That way they don't need 2 different chassis types for the 3 E-450 based products REDHAWK, GREYHAWK and GREYHAWK PRESTIGE.

Everybody seems to ignore the fact that JAYCO is still running as an Independent Subsidiary just as HIGHLAND RIDGE is to JAYCO
Old 06-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It had nothing to do with THOR the Redhawk did not even list a power driver seat, but the 2018 Greyhawk did. So if you have a 2018 Redhawk with a power seat you got a free upgrade with the chassis they used.

JAYCO dropped the power seat on all E-450's probably due to chassis inventory needs. That way they don't need 2 different chassis types for the 3 E-450 based products REDHAWK, GREYHAWK and GREYHAWK PRESTIGE.

Everybody seems to ignore the fact that JAYCO is still running as an Independent Subsidiary just as HIGHLAND RIDGE is to JAYCO
They got rid of the power swivel tv also and that's not a chassis item. To get the overhead T.V out to view from the couch you have to stand on the dinette and yank it in and out. I tried that on a newer model than my 2017 and it's a pain. I've heard that with the seats they want them to swivel like a class A so that might be another factor, but I still like the Power drivers seat.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote