Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #1

Replacing Shocks

Hi everyone would like to know if anyone has put the Bilstein shocks on there class C. We have the 2019, 29xk Red Hawk. Would like to know if the Bilstein shocks are the better shock or is there a better brand on the market. Would like to get something to help the ride, and take out some of the sway we have. We will be towing a toad behind it. Thanks all input would help.
MB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #2

I think better, but they are more expensive, KONI's...

https://www.koni-na.com/en-US/NorthA...616&mk=75&mt=9
Old 02-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #3

Try replacing the front and rear sway bars along with a better steering stabilizer. My Greyhawk 2018 31fs has had all of this done plus hellwig helper springs. And it drives as good as my New P/U truck only wider. No more white knuckled rides.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:16 PM   #4

I did replace the steering stabilizer with the road master and front end aligned last year. I still find I have a hard time keeping the rig straight when there is a lot of wind and when big rigs pass me. I have been reading a lot of owners talked about shocks and saw bars. Were getting ready to go full time for the next year to check out other states to live in. I just retired and its time to get out of Calif. I would like to make the motor home more easy for my wife to handle. We have a 29XK. I'v done a lot of up grades inside now its time to do the suspension and on demand hot water heater. Need to get all this done by end of June.
MB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #5

Hello MB There are alot of threads here on improving the handling on the E450 chassis- You made a good move on the steering stabilizer- I would suggest a robust front and rear sway bar, and a rear track bar. Having the shocks of a 2019 wore out is unlikely. Bilstein, Koni, King and others are better quality than OEM, but shocks are a small piece of the puzzle. Does your unit have overloads, like Hellwig? If so adjusting them to proper specs is importantl Cheers!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote