Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #11

I took pictures of my installation. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload them to this site. If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it. Also, the friend who installed my love seat recliners secured them to the floor using a steel bracket that allows the recliner to slide back and forth with the slide-out. Works like a charm and much, much more comfortable than the J-sofa. By the way, if anyone is in the market for a very slightly used J-sofa, please let me know. :-)

rdale1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Posting pictures

Click the Community Tab. You'll see a link to create an album and upload pictures.

Pictures need to be on your PC. You know how to do that?

Jim

Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloving View Post
Click the Community Tab. You'll see a link to create an album and upload pictures.

Pictures need to be on your PC. You know how to do that?

Jim
This is so weird... I knew a Jim Loving when I lived in Mass (30 years ago). Could it be a coincidence? I'll PM you.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #14

I am doing the same to my granite ridge 3100SS. So far all is well, but what have you all done with the many bolts coming up thru the floor? Did you just tap out the bolts downward and remove them from below?
Kathyb
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #15

We found a reclining loveseat that fits in the 62" opening. We had to improvise a little to install the loveseat. Since the jacknife couch was a little narrower than the loveseat I installed a piece of OSB that extends a few inches beyond the lip below the jacknife. Using u-bolts and metal plates the loveseat is more securely anchored than the original. Our loveseat was on sale for about $600. We also found one at Lazy Boy, but on sale it was over $1200.
Used it with Adventurer Camper, Montana 2955RL, and Jayco 25RKS TT
We've had pop-up, travel trailers, camper, and fifth wheel over the last 30+ years.
Waiting for spring to get back on the road!
Toby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Replacing sofa with recliners

Toby, what MH do you have? Trying to convince my wife this will work. We have 2011 Greyhawk 31fk. What recliner did you buy? Wonder about the depth & height of the recliner.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jim
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #17

2012 Greyhawk 31FK.

We bought a Klaussner Fireside reclining loveseat. Looking at the Klaussner website it appears the Fireside line may be discontinued. The do have other models that have about the same dimensions. Many of the styles have photos. I believe the rought opening for the J-sofa is about 62 - 64 inches. Our recliner is 60" wide and, looking at the invoice, 38" high and deep. It does cover some of the window, but we feel the comfort will be well worth it.

The Fireside reclining mechanism is a cable with "ripcord" handle next to the seat. There is enough room on the sides that the flip handle variety will probably work. The Lazy-Boy style handle might be tight.

I used a piece of OSB subflooring to make a deck for the loveseat since the pedestal in the MH is too short. After removing the J-sofa I put retainer nuts on the bolts so they wouldn't drop our while working and eliminated the risk of jamming the slide. I drilled holes to match the J-sofa nuts and used fender washers to spread the load. Before mounting the OSB I aligned the frame members of the recliner so it was straight and marked on the OSB. Then I drilled for u-bolts that come up from the bottom of the OSB, bolted the OSB in place and the aligned the recliner tracks between the u-bolt ends. I used plates that came with the u-bolts and nuts with nylon locks to secure the recliner. The OSB is about 1 - 1-1/2" back from the front of the recliner so heels don't catch.

We are really looking forward to spring to start using the MH and new recliner. Our pug likes to get up early; the recliner will be much more comfortable as I catch a few more winks!

Used it with Adventurer Camper, Montana 2955RL, and Jayco 25RKS TT
We've had pop-up, travel trailers, camper, and fifth wheel over the last 30+ years.
Waiting for spring to get back on the road!
Toby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote