Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #1

Reverse Light

Guys,
I need help. I am installing backup sensors on my Redhawk 24B and I'm wondering if anybody ran additional wires from the tail light. What color is the wire for reverse light and what color for power? Also, can I find the wires under the rig or I have to fish it thru the house somehow.

Thank you
Jayco 24B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 24B View Post
Guys,
I need help. I am installing backup sensors on my Redhawk 24B and I'm wondering if anybody ran additional wires from the tail light. What color is the wire for reverse light and what color for power? Also, can I find the wires under the rig or I have to fish it thru the house somehow.

Thank you

Aw shucks - I did this this summer but didn't write it down. Sorry. I tapped into all of the wires on the tail-light, broke them out and ran them all to a barrier strip in case I needed to tap into something else.

I used a multi-meter and had the wife stand on the brake pedal when in reverse to figure them out.

Shucks wish I had taken pictures.

IIRC - the reverse one was obvious on my rig because it wired to the clear section of the tail-light. The ground was obvious - and the power was too. It was the brake and turn that I had to test to figure out.