Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2020, 07:13 AM   #1

Roadside Assistance, Breakdowns, Warranty, UGH

Being the proud owners of a 2020 Seneca 37TS, we are anxious to get on the road and put some serious miles on this. We've taken it out within 3 hours of home to understand all of the hookups and connections, but time to go some distance. Our question is - In the event of a breakdown of sorts, who do we call? I read quite a bit about DEF issues, mechanical failures, tires, etc.... , and I'm guessing you don't carry enough tools to fix it yourself. Do we call Jayco? Do we call Freightliner? Do we call Coach-Net (supposedly have a year of this with our purchase)? Do we phone a friend? We are not anticipating any breakdown, but should probably have a plan in place in the event we do... THANKS so much!

2020 Jayco Seneca 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 RAM Laramie Power Wagon 6.4
Rose of Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #2

I have a roadside plan through FMCA. They also include with the basic camping membership Travel Assistance. My wife has never driven our rig (motorhome). If I become incapacitated, they will pay to have someone drive my rig home.

I have had the Good Sam Roadside plan in the past. Depending where in the country your break down happens will determine how long you wait is. It has been hit or miss with them.

Several years ago when I had a hub go out in my truck in Fort Worth, they towed my truck and 5th wheel to a campground. They returned the next morning and towed my truck to a Ford dealership.
houstonstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Texas View Post
Being the proud owners of a 2020 Seneca 37TS, we are anxious to get on the road and put some serious miles on this. We've taken it out within 3 hours of home to understand all of the hookups and connections, but time to go some distance. Our question is - In the event of a breakdown of sorts, who do we call? I read quite a bit about DEF issues, mechanical failures, tires, etc.... , and I'm guessing you don't carry enough tools to fix it yourself. Do we call Jayco? Do we call Freightliner? Do we call Coach-Net (supposedly have a year of this with our purchase)? Do we phone a friend? We are not anticipating any breakdown, but should probably have a plan in place in the event we do... THANKS so much!
If you received a year of Coach Net you have to register with them. Once you register that will be your roadside assistance plan and your first call for issues related to breakdowns, flat tires etc...

Also, once you have registered with Coach Net get the specific info they will request when you call. For example they may want to know the coach length, width, GVWR, height etc... Gather this info for your coach and have in in an easily accessible place so it is available when you call. Coach net requires this info if a tow is needed so they know what kind of equipment need to be dispatched.

I have a plan with FMCA as well as the coach net plan and I also have a basic plan through AAA that does not cover the motorhome but does cover the Jeep. I only have AAA for things like passport photos, notary service etc...

Happy and safe travels.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
If you received a year of Coach Net you have to register with them. Once you register that will be your roadside assistance plan and your first call for issues related to breakdowns, flat tires etc...

Also, once you have registered with Coach Net get the specific info they will request when you call. For example they may want to know the coach length, width, GVWR, height etc... Gather this info for your coach and have in in an easily accessible place so it is available when you call. Coach net requires this info if a tow is needed so they know what kind of equipment need to be dispatched.

I have a plan with FMCA as well as the coach net plan and I also have a basic plan through AAA that does not cover the motorhome but does cover the Jeep. I only have AAA for things like passport photos, notary service etc...

Happy and safe travels.
Thanks for that Dave!
Took a bit to find Coach Net on the Jayco website, then called Coach Net to register. Apparently, the dealer has already sent in everything, we ARE registered and should receive our Welcome Packet in the next two weeks. Didn't even think of this step.

2020 Jayco Seneca 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 RAM Laramie Power Wagon 6.4
Rose of Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Texas View Post
Thanks for that Dave!
Took a bit to find Coach Net on the Jayco website, then called Coach Net to register. Apparently, the dealer has already sent in everything, we ARE registered and should receive our Welcome Packet in the next two weeks. Didn't even think of this step.
Hopefully they send you some info outlining what they cover. No one like surprised when sitting on the side of the road!

I just had to upgrade my GSRS to a higher level to assure that my fiver could be towed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #6

It seems that eventually everyone switches roadside assistance providers. They keep their current one until a bad experience, and there will be a bad experience, then switch to a different one. A quick search through threads here will cause heartburn. Just make certain what your assistance will do in the event of a problem. Some folks have been surprised to discover their TV was getting towed but their TT or 5er was being left on the side of the road.