Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #1

Seneca cargo doors leaking

Anyone have any suggestions for leaking cargo doors? We have a 2013FK. It appears that the rubber gasket isn't completely sealing where the hinge comes in contact with the gasket. I don't see any adjustments on the hinge side of the door to make it close tighter.
PaulinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:42 PM   #2

I've got a couple of doors that are starting to look out of alignment, but have not undertaken the effort - yet.

Following!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #3

I had a couple that were not sealing all the way. These doors latched very easy when you shut them which was also an indicator it wasn't sealing. All I did was to loosen the nuts on the outside of the latch loop even turns and then tighten the back nuts of the loops, pulling the latch in. It didnt take very much to get them to seal and you can use a piece of paper shut in the door to see how much contact there is between the door and the seal. It didnt take much at all, maybe one full turn on the nuts and it wasnt enough to visually affect the alignment when the door is closed. I have looked at my doors as a couple need to come out on the hinge side to be properly aligned and the only way I can figure to do this and to start shimming under the hinge....then I decide its not enough to bother with.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #4

Seals probably need replaced. Jayco doesn't do a very good job putting them on correctly.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #5

I had one door, the one on the drivers side in front of rear wheel that was constantly getting dirt and debris or wet inside and finally got it to stop by adjusting the latch but then the latch side of the door was inset 3/8” from the surrounding body panels. I searched all er for a better weatherstripping to try on the door and the factory stuff wasn’t thick enough. I finally found some on eBay the works great and was able to adjust the door back out flush and it still seals good.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352094304829
Attached Thumbnails
6C38D5DB-4A08-4300-9490-D83252FABEBB.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote