Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #1

Seneca disapointment

I'm wondering if any of you have added any electrical outlets in your coach. I have a 2017 37 rb that has just one hard to reach outlet under the booth on the hole street side of the camper.

Thanks
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #2

Ours has the same but also another under the upper kitchen cabinets and another on the end of the lower kitchen cabinets.
We have often left a 6' extension cord connected to the one under the table for easier access.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
MD3

We have the same disappointment with our 37RB but the outlet also has USB plugs which is nice. I'm not sure where else I could add one on that side since the couch takes the rest of the slide.

I added an outlet strip on the side bottom edge of the microwave since the only outlets there are up high in the bottom of the cabinets. Some of our appliance cords are too short to reach the bottom of the cabinets.

I'm also adding an outlet I the electrical bay. All the outside outlets (tv and drivers side middle bay) are connected to the GFCI and trip really easily.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:24 PM   #4

On our 2018.5 37RB which had the TV/Fireplace cabinet behind passenger seat, I added one to the backside of the cabinet facing the overhead bunk as there are no plugs up in that are at all. I then plugged in a USB/outlet surge protector so I could lay out and charge things like my GoPro cameras and Mavic Pro Drone as they are out of the way up there. This was very easy to do as there are panels inside the cabinet back to run the wire up through. I also want to add one to the end of the lower cabinet by the entry door for appliances because as MD3 said, most cords are to short to reach the plugs in the underside of the uppers. I finally realized that there is little to NO electrical in the outside walls at all, not even switches.
Attached Thumbnails
29547421_10211354996283817_511392126_n.jpg   29340802_10211354996843831_1590086356_n.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:42 AM   #5

Because of your question I ended up counting them and we have added 11 power strips to our electrical setup. In most cases it has been to just put the outlet in a more accessible place, but many times it is for the added outlets of the chargers of phones, tablets and laptops. Life is just more electrical these days.

To the outlets in the under belly compartments, we have added a power strip by the door latch to just make it more convienient for plugging in battery jump boxes to charge or other rechargeable equipment easily. A small hole was drilled through the floor in this area, and a new male plug end was put on an additional power strip above in the cabin. On the driver's side, this is between the bathroom vanity and the shower. On the passenger side, it is under the sliding door along the floor. What this allows is for us to unplug from the coach's power supply and hook up an extension cord from a camp ground power pedestal and run a space heater or hair dryer off of a seperate circuit. Keeps the power supply a little more balanced and puts extra power where you need it. The rubber gasket around the under belly compartment doors will allow the extension cord to sit between the gasket and the doors.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Because of your question I ended up counting them and we have added 11 power strips to our electrical setup. In most cases it has been to just put the outlet in a more accessible place, but many times it is for the added outlets of the chargers of phones, tablets and laptops. Life is just more electrical these days.
We took kinda the same approach, but used UPS units instead of power-strips on some key locations.

In our entertainment system cabinet in the overcab passenger side, we put the Winegard Satellite Power, the DirectTV, My Docking Station and monitor on that APC.

We put a larger APC in the outlet Behind the Driver, It covers our WAN/Wlan/LAN/Switch equipment, Cradlepoint, Stacy's Docking Station and Monitor.

This has proved to be very helpful when we are switching from Gen power to shore power and back. We don't have to worry about shutting down our computers/network as the UPS's keep them running while switching between power sources.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #7

Hi guys

Since starting this post I have added to more outlets. My rb has the entertainment center over the cab. I added an outlets to each side on wall behind the driver and passengers seat facing the living area. If you remove the panels they have a cut out for an outlet. I'm guessing this is where the power comes into the entertainment center with the fire place. Anyhow I didn't have to drill any holes and since the panel has room for one more breaker I ran the line through my storage areas then down under the camper when I couldn't go any father. I even had a unused hole in the floor in the utility center to run the cord up to the panel. We now have power in the front living area.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote