Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #21

My front AC leaked until I tightened the 4 long bolts that are connected to the main part of the AC on top. You can access the bolts from the inside after you take the plastic shroud off. When you tighten these bolts it compresses the gasket to make it water tight. Don't over tighten these bolts just tighten them 3-5 turns. Seems as the factory doesn't tighten these on all Coaches.
TexWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #22

We have the curtain, but use it around the cab windows and windshield. We don’t have a curtain specifically to separate the cab area from the living area. We use the front bunk ladder for the top bunk bed, since we use the front over-cab bunk for storage. No real issues with the water heater. It’s finicky sometimes, but no big deal.
PopRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #23

This is so funny. When we picked up our Seneca there was a brown piece of clothe on one of the bunk beds. The dealer had no clue what is was for...I'm betting it's to hang between the driver's area and the living area.
ralett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Our 2018 Seneca came with a nice set of pleated, insulated window panels that fold up nice and slip in a bag. The side ones you open the door, stick it on as it has magnets inside and close the doors. On the front you just stick it in and flip the visors down to hold it. I like this as it give you the cab area for crap. There is a label on it and it has M2 on it but I can look for a manufacturer label on it.

Rusty, is that standard on the newer Senecas?
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralett View Post
This is so funny. When we picked up our Seneca there was a brown piece of clothe on one of the bunk beds. The dealer had no clue what is was for...I'm betting it's to hang between the driver's area and the living area.
That could also be the cloth we thought was for the cab area on ours which was actually part of the fancy bed covering that nobody uses
Attached Thumbnails
65F3B059-E36B-44A2-B1A3-9991CEF9BF2F.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #26

I have the same model 2012 version. Yes, have the curtain, but mine hooks inside the three cab windows no longer using the curtain. In its place cut reflective bubble wrap for windows it does a great job keeping the elements out no matter what time of year. Only one ladder for the cab over bunk. The grandkids jump up with no problem. Picture a gazelle jumping a ravine.
jsimonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #27

1. I found a large heavy piece of brown material that looks like it could be a curtain, but there is no way to attach it to the upper bunk. Still trying to figure that one out!
2. I also got just one ladder and believe it is for the front bunk because there are hook points on the front bunk. I gues Jayco figures the side upper bunk is low enough to just crawl into -- but not if you arde only 4 feet tall!
3. I am not overly pleased with my tankless warter heater either. It takes a long time for the water to get up to temperature. I am dreading using it in the cold weather.
metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #28

So that's what that piece of material is for. Salesman, as typical, didn't have a clue. I thought it was some sort of curtain for the front, but could not find any way to attach it. How did you find out what it was for?
metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman View Post
So that's what that piece of material is for. Salesman, as typical, didn't have a clue. I thought it was some sort of curtain for the front, but could not find any way to attach it. How did you find out what it was for?
We figured it out as some pics on the internet showed a properly made and displayed bed for the pics. Some dealers put pillows everywhere but some put them on the bed.
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote