Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #1

Seneca slideout rubbing on floor

I have a 2017 37rb. I'm trying to protect my floor from the bottom of the slide. On the 2018 and older Senecas that have the fridge in the slideout does your slide come in even on the top and bottom? When i bring my slide in the bottom comes in first until the weight favors the inside of the rub bar. Then it tips inward and contacts the floor until it's fully closed at which time the floor raises up as it should be. I guess this is why they made the slideout smaller on the new units. I've been putting steel or plastic cutting boards down first to protect the floor. I'm thinking about getting another slide bar turn it 90 degrees and letting my slide come in on that. I'd like to hear any thoughts or ideas or what your doing.

Thanks
Al
2017 37rb.

Running into problems trying to get from Texas to Minnesota, campgrounds either closed or full.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #2

Might need adjusting if its rubbing on the floor. The slide is suppose to have the floor rise up first as this is a flush floor type of slide out, otherwise you would have a step up into the slideout when it is in the open position. Its designed to drop in place as it gets fully extended.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #3

Hi I have a 2015 37rb when we first got it the slide would tip so much coming in it almost touched the ceiling . They did make some adjustments and also installed three strips of puck board to keep the floor from getting scuffed. It still takes a lot of grunt to get slide to lift and come in to get to that equilibrium stage where it’s weight is more in than out. I also found either running the generator or having it hooked up to shore power helps keep up the voltage and motor likes it better. But I agree with that fridge in that slide Is a lot of weight, motor needs all the momentum it can muster. But puck board may help the scuffing .
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
MD3

Our 2018 RB had slide issues cutting/tearing the floor from the Factory.
Took numerous trips to the dealer to get it adjusted right but I made sure they adjusted it correctly before the floor was replaced. The slide coming does tip the bottom up A LOT now before pulling it in.

We have also purchased a set of Slide Slickers and use those every time now to prevent another tear on our new floor.

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-13499.../dp/B00JMHFEU8

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #5

Also keeping your slide flap seal well lubed helps a LOT as there is a quite a bit of drag on long slides and then flip over easier when lubed. I use the 3in1 Slide lube myself.
Attached Thumbnails
3ba1166f-3709-4005-a665-2bc775df9d9c_1.50d18157e239a0210f14a2cca7b91722.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote