Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2020, 07:56 PM   #1

Seneca Thetford Hose

Three weeks ago I was attempting to use the capability of the Thetford Sanicon which allows you to “pump” through a garden hose. Unfortunately the main hose of the system could not hold the pressure and burst. This was one of the greatest moments in composting toilet ownership as the only water imitating the scene from “RV” was shower water.

However, I am now in need to replace that hose. Does anyone have any information on where to purchase/part numbers for the hose?

While I have this apart it would be an excellent time to do the long overdue of installing the valve on that hose which I know many have done. Would someone be able to provide a parts list for that upgrade?
Old 07-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #2

SaniCon Turbo hose part number is 97521 for the 1 1/2 ID hose.

Bad news, nobody has them in stock. I have 2 on backorder and they are not due in until the first week of August.

Be careful because some places are trying to pawn off the non-turbo smaller 1 1/4 inch hose in place of the 1 1/2 inch hose.

Also, some place lead you to believe they. have the hose in stock but when you look closer they say in small print out of stock our Available around 7/31/2020.

I am ordering 2 for extensions to go from my driveway to the sewer clean out at the back off the hose instead of using a garden hose.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:11 AM   #3

Just wanted to push this back to the top and ask if anyone who did the modification remembers the parts to put shut off before the Sanicon hose? I put this off for way to long!
Old 07-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Three weeks ago I was attempting to use the capability of the Thetford Sanicon which allows you to “pump” through a garden hose. Unfortunately the main hose of the system could not hold the pressure and burst. This was one of the greatest moments in composting toilet ownership as the only water imitating the scene from “RV” was shower water.

However, I am now in need to replace that hose. Does anyone have any information on where to purchase/part numbers for the hose?

While I have this apart it would be an excellent time to do the long overdue of installing the valve on that hose which I know many have done. Would someone be able to provide a parts list for that upgrade?
Were you using a 3/4" garden hose or a smaller hose? If smaller than 3/4" it would cause too much backup pressure and blow your Sanicon hose.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #5

Sanicon Shut-Off Valve Parts List

Quote:
Just wanted to push this back to the top and ask if anyone who did the modification remembers the parts to put shut off before the Sanicon hose? I put this off for way to long!
Referencing attached photo, the three items below are the shutoff, the elbow, and the banjo nipple. The pieces to the right of the shut-off were purchased at Lowes and allow the shut-off to be positioned more to the viewers left as needed. If I had it to do over, I would have purchased some clear PVC for the section to the right of the shut-off valve. It's an easy project and well worth the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Thumbnails
Sanicon_Shutoff_Valve.jpg  
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #6

I mentioned a few days ago that no-one had the 1 1/2 Sanicon hose in stock and the 2 I ordered were back ordered. I got an email today saying FedEx has my order and it will be delivered by the end of the day Thursday.

If interested, I ordered my hoses form AdventureRV.net.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 07-21-2020, 09:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I mentioned a few days ago that no-one had the 1 1/2 Sanicon hose in stock and the 2 I ordered were back ordered. I got an email today saying FedEx has my order and it will be delivered by the end of the day Thursday.

If interested, I ordered my hoses form AdventureRV.net.
Be careful if they come to the door and knock!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Be careful if they come to the door and knock!
That's ok. I made a couple other limited stock purchases over the weekend that I would be more than willing to put to use.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #9

The hoses came in and I used them to dump my black and then grey tanks at there house. The system worked great and it looks like the tub of Rhino hose I normally carry will find a place behind the shed. A tub 1/4 the size will be used will be used to store the 2 hoses not attached to the unit. I did attach one extension hose to the system so it now has an additional 21 feet of length.

ICYMI, adventurerv.net appears to have the 1 1/2 inch turbo hoses in stock now.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
That's ok. I made a couple other limited stock purchases over the weekend that I would be more than willing to put to use.
Very very nice!

I also ordered one, but mine is not supposed to be in stock until July 30. I can wait for that. Thanks Dave.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #11

New to this device. What is the advantage of the shutoff?
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martigg View Post
New to this device. What is the advantage of the shutoff?
If you try to use the regular sewage connection some contents still go into the Sanicon hose. The end of this hose is not a good seal with the cap. This allows water to leak into the wet bay. Annoying with gray water; I can only imagine with the other.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #13

Quote:
If you try to use the regular sewage connection some contents still go into the Sanicon hose. The end of this hose is not a good seal with the cap. This allows water to leak into the wet bay. Annoying with gray water; I can only imagine with the other.
The sanicon hose and the gravity hose share a common area in the pump where the fluids collect from the gray/black feeds. If the sanicon is turned on, the rotor pulls from this common area and sends it out the sanicon hose. Otherwise, gravity sends it down the slinky if that method is used. The serious design issue is that you cannot keep waste out of the sanicon hose. If you spring a leak, you have a huge problem. Hence the shutoff. After I drain the black tank, I drain the gray tank to flush the sanicon hose. Then I use the shut-off valve to isolate the hose. When I disconnect from the sewer tap, I raise the hose as much as I can to drain any remaining gray water out of the hose into the sewer just before I disconnect.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote