Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #1

Swivel seats in Redhawk

Does anyone have luck rotating the driver seat to a comfortable position? It seems the steering wheel is totally the problem.
Grizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #2

Its not easy with a new vehicle but it will get easier the more you swivel the seats around and the mechanism loosens up a little. It can be done though using a combination of sliding and swiveling the seat and adjusting the back part of the seat to move it out of the way of the steering wheel.
Snoopinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopinaround View Post
Its not easy with a new vehicle but it will get easier the more you swivel the seats around and the mechanism loosens up a little. It can be done though using a combination of sliding and swiveling the seat and adjusting the back part of the seat to move it out of the way of the steering wheel.
Thank you. The couple of times we tried the driver seat, it did not seem like you could get into a comfortable position. It sits very upright. We will work on it.
Grizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:49 AM   #4

We have a new Greyhawk and are experiencing the same thing. I'm hoping Snoopinaround's answer is what happens. I put some dry lube on the passenger seat swivel. It helped a little but it's still not easy. I don't like the idea of lubrication in that area - don't want to make a mess.

Is the upright issue because of the steering wheel?
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #5

Driver Seat Swivel

I have a 2020 24B which was one of the first with the swivel seats and yes the driver side is much harder than the passenger but I am hoping for it to get better over time. I find that sliding it towards the back and folding the seat all the way forward makes it easier to swivel. The leaning back will only go as far as the steering wheel. You can adjust the wheel to be all in towards the dash and angle it the same as the seat but it will never go back very far but should not be straight up.
Ramorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:50 PM   #6

We found it to be a pain until we did it the first time. The trick is moving the seat back and forth while rotating (depending on the position of the seat at that time) and opening the door to allow for clearance. Once you have done it 1 time, you will understand. But yes, the spring lever is pretty stiff!
TheOtherDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:21 PM   #7

Also, when rotating these seats; make note of any wiring underneath (seat occupation signal) that the wiring doesnt get bound up during the rotation.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote