Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #1

Trailer brakes fuse?

Hey everyone, i'm hoping someone has an answer for me. I'm on the road with limited cell service here in northeast BC in the snow lol and don't have time to do a search on here. I lost my trailer brakes (the brake control in the cab stopped working) and I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if there is a fuse somewhere I'm not seeing? I assume the factory wiring we tie into under the dash has a fuse somewhere but I'm not finding anything in the obvious under the hood fuse boxes. Unfortunately I failed to put my manual back in here last time I had it in the house so can't even look there 😕.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #2

Tell us what you are driving and someone should be able to locate a fuse location for you
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Ford's have the fuse in a panel in the engine compartment. Also make sure you don't have a bad 7 pin connection.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Tell us what you are driving and someone should be able to locate a fuse location for you
Sorry about that. 2015 jayco 36FK With the M2 chassis.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Sorry about that. 2015 jayco 36FK With the M2 chassis.
You might check in the trailer "Power Distribution Module" which is under the driver's seat. I remember seeing something about a 25-amp fuse there for electric trailer brakes.

If you have never been into that area before you generally need to remove a carpeted cover. Then be very careful, there are exposed energized 12-volt connections under there!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
You might check in the trailer "Power Distribution Module" which is under the driver's seat. I remember seeing something about a 25-amp fuse there for electric trailer brakes.

If you have never been into that area before you generally need to remove a carpeted cover. Then be very careful, there are exposed energized 12-volt connections under there!
Thanks Robbbyr I'll have a look next time we stop.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post

Thanks for the tip on this. I found the modules under the seat as you stated. I did not find a burnt fuse but there must have been a relay that was loose. The light on my brake controller came on as I was checking them out and has worked fine since.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Thanks for the tip on this. I found the modules under the seat as you stated. I did not find a burnt fuse but there must have been a relay that was loose. The light on my brake controller came on as I was checking them out and has worked fine since.
Glad it is working again!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote