Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2017, 04:08 PM   #1

TSB #17-011reinforcement for leveling system bracket

Has anyone had this done ? If so what kind of reninforcement bracket was used?The bracket on my 2018 29mv grayhawk seems to be well welded to the frame.
skipbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #2

Pictures?

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #3

I haven't seen it, but when I looked at mine, I felt right away there needs to be a gusset on both sides of the L bracket at the intersecting lower corners of the bracket. This would take the shape of a triangle of 1/8 steel welded at both corners. A couple short straps of 1/8 steel would also work at the same area on both sides, but steel triangles would be better. The effect is simply to add a 45 degree angle reinforcement. It will be interesting to see what they want done. If they issued a TSB, then no doubt this has happened more than once.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #4

mine broke today. Will be calling tomorrow to figure out how to get it fixed.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #5

Guys this was from last year...any recalls were from around this time last year and all has been corrected since.

If you never had yours done and it was built before mid 2017 I would call Jayco and see what they will do for you.

Give customer relations your vin# and they can tell you if your pulley bolt needs torqued or your jacks pump bracket needs bracing.

Again...this does not apply to late 2018 or 2019 builds.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Guys this was from last year...any recalls were from around this time last year and all has been corrected since.

If you never had yours done and it was built before mid 2017 I would call Jayco and see what they will do for you.

Give customer relations your vin# and they can tell you if your pulley bolt needs torqued or your jacks pump bracket needs bracing.

Again...this does not apply to late 2018 or 2019 builds.
Mine is a 2017 build date Sept 2017.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
Mine is a 2017 build date Sept 2017.
I bet yours is included in the original recall. Yours was built almost 2 years ago. So glad you caught it before your warranty ends. They should have notified you last year.

They will still honor the repairs...but I would call my purchase dealer and Jayco. Cover all the bases. No fun for sure but it can be fixed.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
I haven't seen it, but when I looked at mine, I felt right away there needs to be a gusset on both sides of the L bracket at the intersecting lower corners of the bracket. This would take the shape of a triangle of 1/8 steel welded at both corners. A couple short straps of 1/8 steel would also work at the same area on both sides, but steel triangles would be better. The effect is simply to add a 45 degree angle reinforcement. It will be interesting to see what they want done. If they issued a TSB, then no doubt this has happened more than once.

When I first got my coach, I saw the potential problem and welded two metal straps from the frame to the mounting plate for the pump and reservoir. One on each side of the unit. That took all of the flex and stress from the pump unit. It is such a poor design from the factory that could have been avoided in the first place by whoever placed the original bracket on the frame.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
I bet yours is included in the original recall. Yours was built almost 2 years ago. So glad you caught it before your warranty ends. They should have notified you last year.

They will still honor the repairs...but I would call my purchase dealer and Jayco. Cover all the bases. No fun for sure but it can be fixed.
I called Jayco service center and talked to a John who promptly got me in touch with one of their service center dealers close to where I was located. They fixed it within 2 hours.Fully covered by warranty. I was back on the road in no time.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #10

What model unit is this service bulletin for? Is this published somewhere?
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
I called Jayco service center and talked to a John who promptly got me in touch with one of their service center dealers close to where I was located. They fixed it within 2 hours.Fully covered by warranty. I was back on the road in no time.
Great news! Glad it got fixed and Good to hear Jayco took care of you. Always love a happy ending!
Old 07-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
What model unit is this service bulletin for? Is this published somewhere?
This is for Leveling jack pump bracket that wasn’t holding up so Jayco sent out a TSB for repairs. Greyhawks built in a few months of 2016 and 2017.

If you think yours might be included call Jayco and give them your VIN number and they can fix you up.

Again this doesn’t apply to any late 2018 builds or any 2019’s.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #13

Thanks. I have a seneca so doesn’t apply. I thought it might be for Senecas also as I saw some else with seneca had their pump unit break off the mount.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #14

If anyone could post a picture of the bracket repair, I would appreciate it. Mine is a 2017 but I am the second owner so I don't think I am covered under warranty. I can weld up a support but I would like to see how they did it first.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
If anyone could post a picture of the bracket repair, I would appreciate it. Mine is a 2017 but I am the second owner so I don't think I am covered under warranty. I can weld up a support but I would like to see how they did it first.
It’s actually a TSB or fancy way of saying recall but I bet it would still be covered. I would call Jayco and ask. Never hurts!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #16

Thank you I'm gonna do that