Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #1

tv upgrade melbourne prestige 24rp

Has anyone put on a smart tv in the rig? I think it is a 40" tv. But it has clipin speakers wires.
RyRy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #2

Jayco TV

Did you get your tv figured out. I’m trying to upgrade to a smart tv but the speakers are an issue. Im told you need a converter, geek squad had no clue. I have the A and B button one for inside and B for outside. Im told an amp is needed. Im still researching. Called 5 audio places
USMC0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:27 AM   #3

No, I have not found an answer yet. Please keep me informed of what you find. Thanks. Rylan nalyr777@yahoo.com
Old 07-16-2021, 06:08 AM   #4

Jayco TV

Hello
Ill do some more research today and I have your email. Im was told several stories, but i will see what can be done today.
Will
Usmc0311hb@yahoo.com
Old 07-16-2021, 04:22 PM   #5

I changed the Sony blue ray player to a Sony Smart Blu Ray player, they make one that is exactly the same size, even uses the same power supply.Easier and cheaper than changing TVs.
Chuck Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #6

Tv Melborne prestige

Thank you for the info. I spoke to a audio place and I have to go there and get an estimate. So, so far what I have is you get the smart tv and you have to add an amp to power the speakers from the TV. They can wire the A and B speaker switch, but you will have a new remote and the old connex tv remote has the switchable option from outside to inside speakers till doing my research! Why didn’t they put a smart tv in a 2021!
Old 07-16-2021, 04:50 PM   #7

Tv Melborne prestige
Thank you for the info. I spoke to a audio place and I have to go there and get an estimate. So, so far what I have is you get the smart tv and you have to add an amp to power the speakers from the TV. They can wire the A and B speaker switch, but you will have a new remote and the old connex tv remote has the switchable option from outside to inside speakers till doing my research! Why didn’t they put a smart tv in a 2021!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2021, 07:28 AM   #8

We bought a Roku plug in and now hot spot our phone to it. We are use it to watch Netflix and Disney.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:05 AM   #9

Hey that is great a money saver. That was the easy and no need to spend 500 plus.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2021, 10:07 AM   #10

Just chiming in - every one of my Smart TVs or Smart Blu-ray players eventually got "un-smart". I noticed the other day that Amazon Prime TV on my LG Blu-ray started rebooting, restarting.

It's impossible to buy any appliance today that's not smart, but I agree - by a FireStick or Roku or Chromecast. Our FireSticks have been trouble free. We still have a V1.0 FireStick from 2014 that works. It's slower than molasses in January, but it works.

I thought you were trying to *add* a new TV rather than replace one. If you're looking to replace one, then I'd absolutely just go the FireStick/Roku/Chromecast route.

JMHO
Old 07-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #11

I download movies onto my Dell laptop (Netflix, Amazon, or free form MP4 movies) and connect to my 2020 Melbourne Prestige TV via HDMI (I set the laptop on the bunk and use that AC plug with the inverter turned on since that plug is wired). That way if WiFi is poor I have something to watch in evenings. If WiFi is available then I’ve found that The WiFi antennae in the laptop is bigger/better than a fire stick.
white2833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:58 PM   #12

Totally different track than most, but I love our work around for TV/movies in the Melbourne.

We bought this TV off Amazon :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's DC connection, so you don't need shore power/inverter to make it run.

I then bought a USB C to HDMI cable. There are a ton of options, full cables or adapters. Just check which one your phone fits.

Connect to the stereo with Bluetooth. Plug the phone into the HDMI slot on the TV. Your phone screen works like a mouse pad.

Huge benefits: No AC needed. Can watch movies while driving (passengers only. Driver needs to keep eyes on the road). Simple and compact.

All the streaming providers now have the ability to download shows. Going boondocking? No worries. Download a pile of movies and shows and you can watch with no hookups.

Even if you have an inverter, this is a better option. Inverters suck up battery power. Cut out the middleman, and your batteries will last much longer.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. After fooling around with all kinds of options for movies while camping, I've found this is really the best.

Happy Camping!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:28 PM   #13

Hi Chuck,
What was the model number of the Sony Smart Blu Ray player?
LivingTheDream2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:25 AM   #14

Sorry, the rig is in storage now.

Tags
tv replacement, tv upgrade