Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2017, 06:37 AM   #1

Talking understanding water supply

Just bought a 2014 Melborne. Cannot find info in the manual regarding "city" (hose) water supply. When hook up to the RV park water supply is that considered city water ? We were told to set the dials on 2 and 6 ??? When water comes in it runs a pump ?? of some sort. Is that what it's supposed to do ? I know the pump would run if using the fresh water pump....also what does the NORMAL setting mean ? I previously owned a 2002 Phaeton and there were only 2 settings City water and Tank water. While I'm asking....how/where is the way to refill the fresh water tank ?? Thanks everyone....need help quickly.
wzelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #2

On my 2017 Pinnacle there is only one place to connect the city water hose. There are several color coded switch configurations depending what you are wanting. It is IMPORTANT that you only manipulate the switches with NO water pressure. There is a switch configuration for filling the fresh water tank and a different configuration for city water.
tdcoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #3

I have a 17 greyhawk,but maybe I can help a little.In my camper "city " means water from the hose hookup from the campgroung that is attached to your camper.
Normal I think is when your draw your water from the on board fresh water tank using the fresh water pump .
On my camper you can fill the fresh water tank with the campground hose hooked up,but the valves must be switched to the fill setting if I remember right.
Hope this helps a little.
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #4

City-means pressurized water hose connected
City Fill- means hose connected and filling water tank.
Normal- means fresh water tank has water in it and you are using the onboard water pump.
Country fill- means you will use the water pump to siphon water into the fresh water tank, while boon docking..

Hope this helps
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzelette View Post
Just bought a 2014 Melborne. Cannot find info in the manual regarding "city" (hose) water supply. When hook up to the RV park water supply is that considered city water ? We were told to set the dials on 2 and 6 ??? When water comes in it runs a pump ?? of some sort. Is that what it's supposed to do ? I know the pump would run if using the fresh water pump....also what does the NORMAL setting mean ? I previously owned a 2002 Phaeton and there were only 2 settings City water and Tank water. While I'm asking....how/where is the way to refill the fresh water tank ?? Thanks everyone....need help quickly.

Hooked up to water = city. No need to use your pump.

Normal = tanks filled , need pump on to push water

Let me know if you need more. (2016 Melbourne)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
Hooked up to water = city. No need to use your pump.

Normal = tanks filled , need pump on to push water

Let me know if you need more. (2016 Melbourne)

Maybe this will help

Old 06-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnbgould View Post
Maybe this will help

You can see by the schematic where to set your dials to fill the tank. The "country fill" setting is a way to siphon water from a single source (like a water jug) if city hookup isn't available and your tanks are low.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #8

Question reply to my post

Thank you all for the replies as to the water settings. My only other "issue" with this is - I was hooked to park water and had settings on 2 & 6 for "city water".
The water supply was on and the pump was FOR SURE turned off (as it should be). When I turn on the kitchen sink, bathroom sink or shower the incoming water sounds like the pump is running for about a minute or 2....then it stops....but it does it every time the water is turned on for use. I called the service manager at the dealership and he said A. it could be too much pressure at the pedestal or B. it is the sound of the water coming into the tank ?? Does this sound right to anyone ?
It is NOT air in the line (I know if air is in the line it spits a little), and it doesn't sound like water...it sounds like the pump would if it is on BUT IT'S NOT. If this is normal and I'm being overcautious please advise. PS - I normally use a pressure connector/regulator at the hose. Thank you all again.
wzelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #9

Make sure that both water pump switches are off, one in the MH and the other one in the water hook up compartment. I suggest you always use a water inlet pressure regulator, even if you are hooked up at home.
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #10

If you are connected to camp ground water and dials are set to 2-6 city fixtures there should be no water going into the tank. Pump should not come on unless you are pumping water from your fresh water tank.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote