Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #1

Water leak 29MV

I have a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV. There is a water leak coming from an unfound source. The water pools on the carpet next to the bed, but it’s not obvious what path the water is taking to get there. I have opened the panel under the bed and found two leaks. One was on the line going into the water pump and the other was on the diverter panel (not sure if the proper name). I fixed both of those and was happy as could be that the leak issue was contained. Wrong! I still get water pooling in the same place. It leaks only when hose is attached and switched to city connections. Everything in the water pump compartment seems to be dry.
Anyone have any ideas where the leak could becoming from?
Mikehbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:52 AM   #2

Water leak 29MV

Do you have an outdoor shower in that area?

I had a similar issue on a prior RV and ended up being the outdoor shower. The fitting on the shower hot/cold mixture cartridge had become brittle and developed a hairline crack. With hose pressure it misted out the crack and water ended up inside.

Took a while for me to find.
rivrrts429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:10 AM   #3

Prop up bed get a flashlight and turn on the water to the setting you say causes the leak. Have someone else open faucet to cause water flow on and off until you see exact leak location. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Long shot, but it might be coming from the shower drain. A bunch if us had problems with a squishy floor in the shower (due to lack of support) that caused the drain line to break/leak. Not sure if your shower is in that area, but peaking inside the access panel will tell you.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #5

Interesting thread.

Redhawk 24B here and I have discovered a small leak in the wet bay IF I am operating on internal tanks AND I leave the pump on and pressure in the line.

I think, from my many miles and using water on city fixtures, that the drip is happening when the lines are pressurized with the pump only.

Next stop is to open the area under our vanity/closet and see if I can see a small drip on the pump. Knowing most of the lines in our rig are Pex, I plan to identify the leak and then see what others are using to seal the offending line.

Oh and I identified the leak by having a towel in the wet bay that gets wet when the above mentioned systems are engaged. Never wet when on city fixtures.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote