Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #41

Oh ok I didn't know that but it was in a spot that had to be built around. Under the slide and no where for a bottle to get in. I had to pull the wood and carpet off the slide in the corner and go fishing for it. Put it in the fridge then drank it as a reward for my hard work.
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #42
Drv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndsommer40 View Post
Good to hear about the dealer fixing it under the warranty. Taking it in on June 29th under warranty. I assumed the build quality was lacking when I found the unopened bottle of beer in the couch slide.
Sorry....just to clarify. I was talking about Jayco/Entegra Factory repairs being completed in a satisfactory way. Dealers in my experience can be as spotty repair quality wise as the original builders.
The biggest issue in the industry is the people who build the units are compensated at a flat rate per unit. So the more units they crank out the more they are paid. At least that is my understanding from folks who have built or repaired them.
Again, the good news is you found it under warranty and it will be documented and taken care of one way or another.
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #43

Had the RV in service today for the cap seam leak and a few other minor warranty repairs. A few others wanted me to post the findings on the leak as they have similar issues. The dealer found no water intrusion from the roof or the front bunk cap window. The tech there said "he would bet his life that the water is running down and under the cap and getting into a faulty caulked seal leaking out of the lowest section". Didn't seem like that would be the reason but he was adamant about it. They need to get Jayco to authorize the repair which will be removal and replacement of entire cap seal taking 2-3 hours. Going back up in either early August or October depending when we pass thru. Leaks can never be easy!! Seems to always be some weird diagnosis. Hope they are right. Will follow up.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:21 PM   #44

Brought it in to get the leaking front cap diagnosed. I assumed it was the front window or maybe some bad caulking on the roof that I could not find. They said not front window or roof. They think the under cap seal is not on properly and they need to get Jayco to approve the removal and re install of entire seal. They think water is getting into it and leaking out. Seems odd. The seal is underneath but tech said he's seen it before and would bet his life on it thats the problem. Just passing it along.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:40 PM   #45

I know this is an old thread. After a new cap seal/seam was installed the same leak is starting up but in a different place. Rusty water very slowly seeping out of that seam but in the front now over the hood. Very frustrating to say the least. With all the issues I've had with this RV I'm torn between setting it on fire with gasoline or just using dynamite. If the dealer feeds me the same line of b/s as the last time I'm gonna flip out. Something is leaking somewhere.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:21 PM   #46

Sorry to hear about frustration. Hope you get this figured out soon. If nothing else, to maintain your sanity. I haven't read all the messages on this thread, but was a bad seal around the front cap running lights, mentioned? Those things are known to be the culprit of roof leaks, quite often. If already checked, I got nothing else. Good luck!!!
JmsNMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmsNMar View Post
Sorry to hear about frustration. Hope you get this figured out soon. If nothing else, to maintain your sanity. I haven't read all the messages on this thread, but was a bad seal around the front cap running lights, mentioned? Those things are known to be the culprit of roof leaks, quite often. If already checked, I got nothing else. Good luck!!!
They said they checked everything. I did on my own also. I ran a hose all over the cap, lights and window.......nothing. Waiting for a call back from dealer. Nearest Jayco dealer to me is 3 hours...not fun.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:35 AM   #48

Found it

I battled that leak since new. 3 trips to stealership. Told me over and over can't find anything. I kind of accepted it. If you read my older posts it was not leaking inside the motor home. Was on the roof in the fall giving it a good scrub and touch up sealing. Coming off the ladder (painters ladder) I happened to notice that they never put any sealant over the coach door. Not the ford cab doors the main entry door. Water must have been getting in there and running to the front. It's parked on a slight pitch that way. Just some more QC issues. Dry now no dripping at all.