Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #1

Water Pump

The water pump on our 2008 Jayco Greyhawk 25 DB has become quite noisy and no longer puts out much pressure, so I want to replace it with a better unit. I've asked about the location of the pump on other forums, but the only answers claimed it was under the bed, which it definitely is not. The only thing in the sealed compartment under there is the fresh water tank and lots of wiring. No pump.

Both my wife and I are convinced the water pump is behind the headwall of the shower, probably at the height of the two faucets. The outside panel where I set the five valves according to the usage is also a possible access to the pump, as the panel is held in place with six screws.

I'd rather not just start exploring for the pump, and would like to have some confirmation as to its location from someone who actually knows what he/she is talking about. Can anyone help?
Doclocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #2

If it has become quite noisy, I would think it should be easy to find. With everything else off and quiet time, open a faucet. You should be able to determine where the noise is coming from and hence, the location of the pump. May have to remove a panel to get to it, but it should be behind the noise. Hope that helps.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:02 PM   #3

It can't be to far from the water tank, these little pumps don't have much head lift to draw water very far. As Nam said you should be able to locate by the sound.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #4

I have a 2006 Jayco Greyhawk in my water pump is in the bathroom underneath the vanity and lavatory in a tight spot looks like you have to remove a little panel to change it
Karl06greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
greyhawk 25 db, water pump location