Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2022, 04:37 PM   #1

Water pump not pulling water

Replaced pump today. Will not pull from full fresh water tank and power faucets. All drain valves are closed. Could not find any check valves btw water tank and pump. City water works normal. Why can't I get water from the new pump???
Jelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
RPR

There is a previous post on this problem. Search it out
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 06:28 PM   #3

Pump head is air bound? Even though it’s a positive displacement pump, it can get air bound. Try- opening all the faucets, and cycle (on & off) the water pump. I have to do this to mine to move the air out of the pump head.
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:42 PM   #4

Fixed for now

Per manual, the valve settings at 3 and 5 are necessary for normal operation of water pump.. Turns out my settings have to be 3 and 6 for water pump to work. Apparently valves plumbed different from standard. This was found by luck but I post as a last resort for somebody who has struggled for hours like I have to troubleshoot.
Jelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:43 PM   #5
Site Team

Thanks for the detective work. Hard to say if it's going to be like that on others or not. Owners manuals are generic due to the sheer number of different models and configurations.

It would cost a fortune to print specific manuals for each and every style and model. One reason the automotive aftermarket slowed or stopped parts books, relying on electronic cataloging. IMHO that was one of the steps backwards for customer service at auto parts stores. I will say keeping up with new catalogs and supplements in my two 5 foot double tier racks at the warehouse was a bit of a pain, but information is power.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliott View Post
Per manual, the valve settings at 3 and 5 are necessary for normal operation of water pump.. Turns out my settings have to be 3 and 6 for water pump to work. Apparently valves plumbed different from standard. This was found by luck but I post as a last resort for somebody who has struggled for hours like I have to troubleshoot.
It's possible that your rig was plumbed wrong, but seems like the valve handle could also have slipped on the valve shaft so it's indicating wrong. I've heard of that issue a few times, though I haven't had it myself.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:42 AM   #7

It should have been like this before you replaced the pump as well, no? (3/6 setting).