Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2024, 07:17 PM   #1
CAG

We Are Done

After 20 plus years of RVing we are done.

We decided last year that using the RV four months out of the year was just not economical consider the covered storage, insurance and other costs.

We have spent our summers in our favorite Arizona White Mountains location a few miles from New Mexico, hunting, fishing, back trailing, hiking and mushroom hunting and you name it but a small class C was not what we wanted and after finding a cabin on an one and a half acre site, with all of the conveniences of home and tall pines and Aspen we decided it was time for a change. So we have done it. The RV has sold, the Wrangler has been replaced with a Gladiator Mojave and boy do I love that and we are still staying in our favorite White Mountains location.

A few will be glad to see me go because I tended to keep them on their toes and yes, there is a search feature that needs to be used to teach some rather than spoon feeding them with our need to show them how much we know and how important we are to the world. Fact is, teaching some to develop on their own is what this life is about. Learning is life.

So thanks to those that supported my methods and I hope that I have helped some learn, and develop the methods to research. To those that still think showing us how smart they are, well, ok, I will just leave that one to thought about intelligence and how it is developed.

Adios and Vaya con Dios.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:46 PM   #2

I think you should stick around, as there isn't really any requirement to have an RV to be here, plus from time to time many (especially new members) will need to be reminded that there is a search feature.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I think you should stick around, as there isn't really any requirement to have an RV to be here, plus from time to time many (especially new members) will need to be reminded that there is a search feature.
This. ^^^^^^^^
Old 03-09-2024, 08:18 PM   #4

Congratulations to you.

As far as the search feature. I have used it, but maybe I'm not using it correctly? Sometimes my searches come up empty and I know what I'm searching for had been in threads somewhere, before.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:27 PM   #5

LOL, While search features exist on all internet forums, as it relates to rving, newcomers finds their way to buying their first rv and thankfully there are a lot of those folks that will never learn everything from those most highly trained sales and sales manager folks as they shove the newcomers out of their driveways and onto the highways . So in the same manner as we were once learning to navigate our ways in the beginning days of rving, not everyone learns at the same level.

Not everyone spends the same amount of time on the road to get the hands on education that has taught us the many mistakes before being the bright lights in most all rv parks and sites. And some just enjoy swapping mindless banter learning ways to improve their experiences. When we quit desiring to improve our experiences while sharing them at the same time, then its probably time to park these expensive toys
Old 03-09-2024, 08:30 PM   #6

Can someone tell me where the White Mountains are if my rig will fit there? lol. I used the search function.

Congrats CAG. Very nice area there. I went to college in Prescott so not too far from that part of AZ. Sure you’ll enjoy it very much.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:16 PM   #7

Congratulations on your new adventure, but I for one will miss your expertise and banter. Thank you for sharing so much thru the years. You will be missed.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post

We decided last year that using the RV four months out of the year was just not economical consider the covered storage, insurance and other costs.

We have spent our summers in our favorite Arizona White Mountains location a few miles from New Mexico, hunting, fishing, back trailing, hiking and mushroom hunting and you name it but a small class C was not what we wanted and after finding a cabin on an one and a half acre site, with all of the conveniences of home and tall pines and Aspen we decided it was time for a change. So we have done it. The RV has sold, the Wrangler has been replaced with a Gladiator Mojave and boy do I love that and we are still staying in our favorite White Mountains location.

A few will be glad to see me go because I tended to keep them on their toes and yes, there is a search feature that needs to be used to teach some rather than spoon feeding them with our need to show them how much we know and how important we are to the world. Fact is, teaching some to develop on their own is what this life is about. Learning is life.

So thanks to those that supported my methods and I hope that I have helped some learn, and develop the methods to research. To those that still think showing us how smart they are, well, ok, I will just leave that one to thought about intelligence and how it is developed.

Adios and Vaya con Dios.
Congrats, cabin life can be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
Congratulations to you.

As far as the search feature. I have used it, but maybe I'm not using it correctly? Sometimes my searches come up empty and I know what I'm searching for had been in threads somewhere, before.

You can always just use google by prefacing your search with: site:www.jaycoowners.com

For example you could enter this in a Google search: site:www.jaycoowners.com CAG cabin white mountains
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post

Adios and Vaya con Dios.
CAG I will miss your input. Sometimes a little edgy, but they did make me smile sometimes. The cabin sounds like a great way to enjoy the great outdoors. Best of times to you!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:39 AM   #10
CAG

Thanks!

I will check in every so often and add a photo or two of adventures.

I have made a number of friends here, a couple of whom have become close friends and one of those I text with daily.
Attached Thumbnails
E7C42B3F-C763-44F4-84FC-13BE70253900.JPG  

Old 03-10-2024, 05:21 PM   #11

Absolutely CAG - stick around! I try to always "read" what someone posts with a tone that I'd expect if they were sitting across from me, sharing a beer.

Some of your posts were direct, undoubtedly, but I felt with an intent to "teach one to fish".

Happy new trails!
Old 03-10-2024, 05:35 PM   #12
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Absolutely CAG - stick around! I try to always "read" what someone posts with a tone that I'd expect if they were sitting across from me, sharing a beer.

Some of your posts were direct, undoubtedly, but I felt with an intent to "teach one to fish".

Happy new trails!

Thank you.

Mine is a family of LEOs. Five of us with me and an other being high level management and three others in management so open and frank discussion is part of this group. If you have thin skin you get eaten for lunch. Mine was never to create hate and discontent but to educate and inform.

I always said that we were the "Blue Bloods" if you watch the series. Lots of banter, some heated discussions but lots of family love. And we represent about every race and religion in this family.

Old 03-11-2024, 05:53 AM   #13

Well everyone is different when it comes to the RV lifestyle. For us we have been at it for over 40 years and are still passionate about the excitement traveling across country and seeing so much. As a senior will continue to go as long as health holds out. Today it certainly cost more to maintain such style but for us it's worth it. Good luck to you in your next endeavor.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:06 AM   #14

Congratulations on your new journey!

I never thought of your posts as "edgy" or whatever these other folks are talking about. Always informative too from what I recall.

Just don't be a stranger, you still have all that knowledge and experience that people on here can benefit from, and if nothing else, a little nostalgia...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:58 AM   #15

CAG, congrats on the vacation home. The bride and I sometimes talk about what we might do when we decide we're tired of driving our vacation home everywhere. Thankfully we are nowhere near that point in our lives right now!

You've got tons of knowledge and experience, glad to hear you're staying around!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:07 AM   #16

I understand your situation, as the wife and I are in the same boat. I have not frequented this site as I used to, and we have decided to sell our 2005 Jayco as well. It got used one time this past year, and that was by our son and daughter in law to attend the 24 hour race in Daytona. For that, I washed and maintained the camper year round.

Our life style has changed. We spend a large amount of time now going to our local College sporting events, and no time camping anymore. We have a grandson now, and that has changed our lifestyle as well.

Great site here; made some good friends.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:02 AM   #17

Congrats and enjoy your new cabin life style! Deciding to stop RVing/camping is something we will all have to do someday for one reason or another. At 72 I'm not quite ready yet but realize that day is getting closer. Your Greyhawk might be gone but the good memories you made in it will always be with you. And please stick around as your knowledge and helpfulness will certainly be appreciated by people looking for advice and answers.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:40 PM   #18

Well adios to u. Maybe u just lived in an area where rv sucks. I beach camp with my rv I would need to Be a multi million aire to do what I do with a house which I get with my rv. I'm sorry u got so jaded
boldib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:46 PM   #19
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldib View Post
Well adios to u. Maybe u just lived in an area where rv sucks. I beach camp with my rv I would need to Be a multi million aire to do what I do with a house which I get with my rv. I'm sorry u got so jaded

LOL, such positive feedback!

I would not call Arizona a place where RVing sucks and since I am in the mountains at 8000 feet with lots of deer, elk and bears I can back trail with the Jeep, hike high mountain trails, hunt and collect mushrooms, fish mountain streams and lakes (I am two trout species away from the AZ Trout Challenge ) Oh and did I mention that I hunt turkey in the spring.

I am not sure how or why you think I am jaded. What drove you to that off center conclusion? Seems you may have gotten up this morning with your panties in a bind.

Old 03-20-2024, 04:51 PM   #20

My panties fit fine. After 20 years what went wrong. Maybe u need a change of scenery. If u loved it so much what happened.
boldib is offline   Reply With Quote