Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #1

Beech Lane Water Valve for Thetford (Upgrade)

I have the notorious Thetform water leak (Aqua Magic V) and during my searches I found the Beech Lane upgraded valve. Has a lifetime warranty and is supposedly made out of a different (supposedly better) plastic than the OEM valve. I also got a shutoff valve and 20" flexible hose to put inline as well to hopefully give me the best chance for future success.

Does anyone have any experience with these new valves?

Beech Lane link
metallitera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #2

The installation was very straight forward. I actually did it without removing the toilet and the whole thing took me about 20min.

Upon cutting out the section of PEX, I noticed a kink in the line from it being cut slightly too long at the factory and it was putting pressure on the water valve of the toilet - I am not sure if this contributed to the leak. When I got the female threaded fitting out, I noticed a defect in the o-ring that actually may have been the culprit causing the water leak. Either way, it is fixed now and the toilet operated without any leak on our last trip!

The new valve did indeed feel like it was more sturdy and was obviously made from a different type of plastic. Hopefully with my two additions to the setup, I will not have to take advantage of the lifetime warranty.
metallitera is offline   Reply With Quote