Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #1

Rampage 7710 Portable Wi-Fi Backup Camera

I just got this rampage backup cam in an effort to make hitching easier. Although I have a brand new truck, it does not have a backup camera. I would normally have to get in and out of the truck multiple times when hitching to line up perfectly and unfortunately my wife does not fully understand what needs to be done when hitching. This is a wireless unit with rechargeable batteries. It is charged via USB like a phone. This uses Wi-Fi to transmit instead of Bluetooth. Apparently there is less interference using Wi-Fi . It creates it's own hotspot that you select in the network list of your smartphone. Forgot to mention that you need a smartphone or tablet. You will need to download the app available for Android or iOS. I have the Android app and it is called Ram cam. Basically, turn on the cam, select the network, open the app and the image appears. The image is in color and has sound and it is clear. It comes with a stand to set your device in. The stand is not secure. You set it on the dash and put your device in it. The camera itself is adjustable. It has small felt covered magnets that will stick to your tailgate, bumper or whatever metal service you want to stick it to. You can put the camera on and look at the image on your device and adjust as necessary while at the back of the vehicle before you get in to back up. I would not drive with this attached. I don't think that the magnets are strong enough for over the road. Also, when backing the camper, you can put it on the bumper and see what is behind you. Again, I wouldn't travel with it on the back of the camper either. I bought online with free shipping for about $95. It does what it says it should and I couldn't be happier with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	review-rampage-wireless-backup-camera-for-smart-phone-ra7710_644.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	34432

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk