Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #1

Warranty?

We just recently bought a new Jayco. We love this trailer. It has loads of room and is comfortable. The warranty though....what a joke. We have only had 2 issues. We noticed the first one when we were towing it home and the second one on our first camping trip. Neither of them are covered by their "warranty". Oh well live and learn I guess.
da_man1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Site Team

What was the issue?

Kinda unusual to join and first post a complaint.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #3

first congratulations on your new Jayco, and you first post

So what issues did you notice on your drive home?

Some dealerships have terrible maintenance departments. My experience the dealer/Jayco would fix almost anything. The only thing I heard Jayco usually says no to is water leaks due to caulking.

If working with your dealer gets you know where, contact Jayco directly with your vin number.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
What was the issue?

Kinda unusual to join and first post a complaint.
Like I said we are happy with the trailer.

The first issue was that the rear door flies open when you are driving down the road. We took it to the authorized dealer and said that they won't cover it we just have to remember to always deadbolt the door.
The other issue was that the toilet leaks and they said it isn't covered because it was due to freeze damage. We bought the trailer in march and noticed the problem in may. It doesn't freeze like that here in those months. Besides the fact that we hadn't put water in it yet.

But again. I just don't want to complain but I don't like when people sell something with a warranty and then when you need it, it's not worth the paper it is written on.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #5

It sounds more like a lazy dealer that doesn't want to fix the problems. I would send Jayco an email along with your VIN and let them know what is going on and the dealer won't fix under warranty. I had nothing but wonderful service while my TT was under warranty.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_man1974 View Post

The first issue was that the rear door flies open when you are driving down the road. We took it to the authorized dealer and said that they won't cover it we just have to remember to always deadbolt the door.
The other issue was that the toilet leaks and they said it isn't covered because it was due to freeze damage. We bought the trailer in march and noticed the problem in may. It doesn't freeze like that here in those months. Besides the fact that we hadn't put water in it yet.

But again. I just don't want to complain but I don't like when people sell something with a warranty and then when you need it, it's not worth the paper it is written on.
Sounds more the like the service dept didn't want to mess with it, than Jayco making a call on the warranty. The door is probably just an adjustment on on the strike plate on the door frame, it may not be catching correctly. I've never seen a door fly open going down the road, they in fact, typically put the hinge side towards the front of the trailer. Not sure what the water problem is with the toilet. Is it the water line coming in that froze or ?

Jayco has always been more than fair on the couple of issues we had.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Sounds more the like the service dept didn't want to mess with it, than Jayco making a call on the warranty. The door is probably just an adjustment on on the strike plate on the door frame, it may not be catching correctly. I've never seen a door fly open going down the road, they in fact, typically put the hinge side towards the front of the trailer. Not sure what the water problem is with the toilet. Is it the water line coming in that froze or ?

Jayco has always been more than fair on the couple of issues we had.

Good Luck.
Yeah it is toward the front. I didn't notice it until we made a good right hand turn. Then I noticed it again about 10 miles down the road so I decided to deadbolt it.
It actually flew open once or twice at home from the wind.

The leaky thing is right where the fitting connects to the toilet. We got to where we were camping and noticed a nice little stream inside the trailer.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #8

Lazy, showdy and incompetent dealer.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Ding, ding, ding - this.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_man1974 View Post

Do you have a handle that folds out next to the door? If you do, you can fold that over the door which lockes it into place. We do this all the time. The door is just a simple adjustment on the strike plate the latch goes into. The toilet could be from freezing, but it should be an easy fix either replacing the fitting or tightening it. If replacing and you don't have the tool to crimp the clamp, you can go with a shark bite fitting which needs no tool.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #11

OP...like others have said sounds like dealer does not want to do warranty work.

Take the initiative and call Jayco Customer Service...be pro-active!!

Jayco's 2 year warranty is on EVERTHING an one of the best in the RV industry.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
The only thing I heard Jayco usually says no to is water leaks due to caulking.

That probably explains why Jayco didn't even have the courtesy to answer my question about a leaking skylight..
Oh well, time for some Eternabond and a ladder...

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
That probably explains why Jayco didn't even have the courtesy to answer my question about a leaking skylight..
Oh well, time for some Eternabond and a ladder...
I eternabond my entire roof last year, wish I did it years ago.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Yup..The warranty isn't a joke. Your selling dealer is a joke.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #15

Yep, same with my dealer. Air Cond. leaking, inside plumbing loose and leaking, rear toilet leaking. Called and called and finally heard from the dealer over a week later. So I fixed it myself before it did major damage after I realized what everything was made of (trim, doors, cabinets, etc...). The toilet had a hairline crack in the bowl toilet spray nozzle. It was worth buying the part for 35.00 and fixing it myself. Afterwards, I went to the dealer and cancelled the 3800.00 dollar extended warranty. We only bought because they made it sound without it, any service from them would very low priority. What a joke!

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #16

call Jayco Warranty at 1-800-517-9137. Ask them for another authorized warranty center in your area and go there. As everyone else has said it's your current service center that is the problem. Warranty Center has bent over backwards to help with problems we have had.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #17

Even with the best dealer support, sometimes it’s less of a hassle to just buy the parts and replace them yourself for minor stuff or have the dealer ship you the parts to replace yourself. For something major like the hot water heater or furnace, that’s a different story. Small stuff like valves, fuses, etc.. I repair myself and don’t even bother with a warranty claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk