Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyjay View Post
When I take my truck to the dealer they fix it and they deal with the warranty not me. Take your Jayco to the dealer and they have to get approval through Jayco via the manufacture that made the failed component. So the dealer can’t just say yes we can fix it or they could end not being reimbursed by the manufacture that made the failed component. It’s weeks of phone tag to get a simple repair done.
The RV industry is not set up as is the auto industry. How about your home ? If the frig that was in your new home breaks, do you call the builder, or, the appliance company? This is much more like your home. The builder takes care of structural issues, but items in your home is covered by that mfg warranty, no difference with Jayco.

A dealer is not a franchise of the Mfg as is the case in the auto industry. They are independent companies that can handle whatever RV mfg they want, including multiple brands. It's not a logical comparison, but the comparison to your stick and brick builder may be.

Understand what your purchasing, and how the industry operates will help you have a smoother purchase and be that happy camper. Also, much like a house, learn how to take care of things yourself. Most of us do many of our own maintenance and modifications to our S & B ourselves, as we do with our RV's. I personally rather learn about my RV and fix minor issues myself rather than relying on a dealer. But, I'm not sure I have ever taken any of my vehicles in for warranty work except perhaps some safety issues. Something gets out of adjustment I repair it myself. I rather do it myself than have the hassle of taking it to a dealer, dropping it off, and then going back to pick it up. My choice and perhaps I'm the odd ball not the norm.

I want as little stress in my life, and knowing humans are imperfect, I'd rather do it myself and settle for my own imperfections. JMHO

Old 10-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #42

Once that camper leaves the dealer lot, the love is gone!
Old 10-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #43

I read that Jayco produces over 30 trailers a day. Do the math and you can see their working at the speed of light. The evidence of speedy, sloppy workmanship is everywhere. Maybe they can't stay profitable without doing it like that. There is a video on youtube showing how fast they work. Some say it has been sped up intentionally; I don't think so. It's a race to the finish of the work shift.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
I rather do it myself than have the hassle of taking it to a dealer, dropping it off, and then going back to pick it up. My choice and perhaps I'm the odd ball not the norm.

I want as little stress in my life, and knowing humans are imperfect, I'd rather do it myself and settle for my own imperfections. JMHO
I'm with you on this. People think i'm crazy because I replaced a bad hub bearing on a 3 year old car that was under warranty. A couple of hours in my garage beats the run around at the dealer and the whole hassle of it all
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
Old 10-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #45

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Just wonder who is the brighter one...…...the buyer or the manufacturer?
In my opinion the manufacturer who gets away with things and the buyer doesn't do a proper research, because I want it and I want it now.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #46

I haven’t had to use warranty on other brands everything worked ok for me.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #47
Site Team

46 posts and the OP has not responded. Perhaps its time to move along on this one��
Old 10-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
I read that Jayco produces over 30 trailers a day.
No 15 per production line.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
I read that Jayco produces over 30 trailers a day. Do the math and you can see their working at the speed of light. The evidence of speedy, sloppy workmanship is everywhere. Maybe they can't stay profitable without doing it like that. There is a video on youtube showing how fast they work. Some say it has been sped up intentionally; I don't think so. It's a race to the finish of the work shift.
They make many more than that across their 5 plants (think 6th is being built) in Middlebury. And after visiting several of the plants I can attest that the video was sped up.. It also doesn't show that most components are built off line. That time is not accounted for in the video. The line is actually very efficiently run, with stations at the end for QC. Obviously not everything is caught or even tested. But from what I was told, the "crew" is paid based on production LESS warranty claims... seems like a great system to me.

Finding and hiring people who even show up is a major issue across the US. Working part time I saw this first hand. I was getting more hours than permanent employees because they always call in at least one day a week, come in late and do a poor job when they do show up. This is todays employee far to often. The bar is so low, if you show up your a super star.

It's easy to bash companies when you know nothing about how they operate or in what climate they operate in. When you see it first hand, it's a symphony of efficiency... all be it by humans, who make mistakes.

But Jayco has a great track record of taking care of the warranty issues, even from some complainers on here who still complain long after their RV was repaired under warranty.

Walk in their shows for a day and perhaps you will come away with a different attitude.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #50
Site Team

Thanks for all the responses. The subject has been covered and the op has not checked in to comment.

Thread is closed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Closed Thread