Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

2019 NP 377 RLBH Maiden Voyage Impressions

Took the trailer out for our first trip with some highs and lows. From DE to ME (10 hrs to and 11 home). Good food and a great trip.

The good:

The fridge stayed cold with my four 6 volt batteries. Didn’t think it would be a problem but they are 5 years old and we’re on my other trailer so you never know.

AC did a great job. Even in ME we had a heatwave in up most of the eastern seaboard. It was 100 one day with high humidity. Trailer stayed at our set temp of 71. I already taped up all of the AC vents and the entire box/opening of the AC in the bedroom.

Everyone loved the recliners, especially on the one rainy morning watching Star Wars.

It was interesting to watch the incoming volts drop on each leg on the surge protector display and campground usage went up.

My son said - as I pulled our the vacuum- “this thing has a vacuum. Now that’s luxury!”

The bad:

1 hour into the trip an access panel into the underbelly started to come off. Lost four screws -lucky my wife didn’t get a flat following behind me- and I had to fix it on the side of Rt 95 in NJ. Will have to make a more permanent repair.

No check valve behind the wet bay panel on the tank flush so water runs out past the threads. Had to fix that one onsite.

I can see the ground when I remove the access panel behind the wet bay. This thing is not sealed up well at all. Will have to address that.

The fresh tank drain does not hold water very well. I kept misting my wife and lost 1/3 of a tank during the drive up. Have to replace that.

Neither pullout couch is use able for sleeping. In the middle room, the rear section is 1 inch lower than the middle section creating an uncomfortable bump in my mother’s back. She moved the pullout in the living room the next night and while all three sections are even the entire bed slants down towards the head creating one hell of a head rush. We might just rip out the middle couch and build a bunk. As for the living room, I have to see if it was assembled wrong. The tri-fold in my old trailer was perfectly level and actually very comfortable. It’s a real shame that neither of these beds is usable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4559.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	41689Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4562.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	41691Attachment 1Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4569.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	41692Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4641.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	41693Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4157.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	41694Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4568.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	41695Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4646.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	41696
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4560.jpg  
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:42 AM   #2

You can level out the bed frames, I made a post I think about that in the mods thread. After leveling, I added memory foam toppers strategically to the cushions to level them, too. We have guests every weekend, and they sleep well now.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #3

I see a happy dog there!
Sesh1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #4

I had to level out bed frames after picking up our camper. Not a hard fix 10 minutes tops.