Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2020, 05:48 PM   #1

2020 32RTLS Ice Maker Residential Fridge

2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RTLS - low water pressure water dispenser on residential fridge and at sink drinking water tap. Ice maker is not working. Anybody else having problems with ice maker with separate 5 gallon water jug in storage area?
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #2

Yes, at first the drinking water tower did not work. That was due to a series of fouls that were closed but when opened and the pump was turned on worked fine. The icemaker also required A Series of valves to be open. However when Camping World came to get the icemaker working A valve was not working correctly and needed replaced. They came out again and replace the part and now we have ice. There were valves for the drinking water system in the island. There were valves for the icemaker system in the bottom drawer next to the icemaker on the Left side for us. The part that was replaced was outside on the backside of the refrigerator. This took quite a while to get resolved.
Dushoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #3

Agreed. I have the water valve on under sink to the left (behind trash can drawer), valve behind drawer between fridge and oven is on also. Water does come out of dispenser and sink drinker but kinda low pressure (only get 4 OZ after 8OZ is listed on fridge. Had Whirlpool warranty tech come out and troubleshoot and he said I too low water pressure. I removed island pump and connected a short line to the 5 gallon jug and plugged it in at storage area socket and it pumped out water real strong. I think its just to far of a draw from jug to island and then splitting it to island and fridge - don't know yet)I then bypassed all plumbing under sink and connected original jug line to pump and then connected a line from pump directly to fridge bypassing factory plumbing and valves. I forced water into ice maker and it did dump the ice but not sure if the electric solenoid valve in back of fridge is working. I set up another whirlpool warrant appointment since the tech said he would replace that in behind fridge electric valve. I learned the water comes into main valve in rear of fridge then to water filter up top then down to the second valve that splits water to fridge drinking dispenser (larger line) and the ice maker (smaller black line) At the moment the island and plumbing to fridge is bypassed directly from pump. That pump is a low pressure pump, so we will see. The ice maker did dump the ice made from force filling it, but waiting to see if it makes more. Pretty sure its the valve in the back of fridge needs replaced like yours. Thankx, Joe G. Let you know next week.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:34 PM   #4

I just remembered another important piece. The Bev jet pump underneath the island counter needs to be taken off. There’s a front cap on the Bev jet pump. You take the cap off and underneath the Is an adjustment screw. We had to adjust the screw correctly for the water to come out of the spigot in the sink.
Dushoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:26 AM   #5

That is one I missed and did not know about. I'll be checking on that today early AM. Huge thankx!