Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #1

2020 377RLBH 3rd A/C

Has anyone installed the 3rd A/C themselves and can tell me, if any, parts that I may need?

I have the A/C that I want as well as the Chillgrille, I also know how to add it into the jaycommand system already since it's prepped for it.

What I wanted to know, does it need another thermostat sensor or will it just work along side the one that is there already for the rear A/C unit that is installed already?

Was there any other "gotcha" parts that you needed?

TIA
jhardin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhardin80 View Post
Has anyone installed the 3rd A/C themselves and can tell me, if any, parts that I may need?

I have the A/C that I want as well as the Chillgrille, I also know how to add it into the jaycommand system already since it's prepped for it.

What I wanted to know, does it need another thermostat sensor or will it just work along side the one that is there already for the rear A/C unit that is installed already?

Was there any other "gotcha" parts that you needed?

TIA
from what I've read there is already a wire run next to the current living rim temp probe by the maxairr control and ceiling fan switch. you just need to tap a new thermostat in to that. I need to add my 3rd AC too. we are starting to cook in Texas and we are about to carry on further south for the summer!! eek!

I'll subscribe to your post and help where i can.

2020 North Point 377 RLBH
2021 RAM 4500 Laramie 8' dually bed
Wife, Kiddo, RIP our beloved Pitbull Jemma :(.
Wind Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

You shouldn’t need a thermostat for it but just that temp sensor/thermistor that goes in the wall. Tomm the jaycommand system allows you to add a 3rd A/C which I already have in there. Just didn’t know the part number to that temp sensor/thermistor and if there was any other parts I may not be aware of.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #4

Quote:
You shouldn’t need a thermostat for it but just that temp sensor/thermistor that goes in the wall. Tomm the jaycommand system allows you to add a 3rd A/C which I already have in there. Just didn’t know the part number to that temp sensor/thermistor and if there was any other parts I may not be aware of.
thank you, I said the wrong thing, this is what i had in my amazon cart, that is now unavailable.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019QH3QVC...v_ov_lig_dp_it

How did you learn or where did you read how to add the 3rd unit to the jaycommand center touchscreen? I am confident i can physically install the unit, but I haven't see the how to for programming.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:19 PM   #5

Oh that is what I think I need but not sure how to tie it in just yet.

I emailed bmpro, let me know if the link works.

https://bmpro.zendesk.com/attachment...ur+RV+v1.3.pdf
Old 07-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Oh that is what I think I need but not sure how to tie it in just yet.

I emailed bmpro, let me know if the link works.

https://bmpro.zendesk.com/attachment...ur+RV+v1.3.pdf
that is exactly what I needed but haven't found yet!. I just pulled my power air deal down to have a look and make sure my wires are present. this is what I located.

next question is, does the temp sensor wire go to the AC unit itself or does it go to the brain in the belly of the beast?
Attached Thumbnails
64920878282__989F4E48-7379-46DA-97A6-D7771DE4A306.jpg   IMG_4298.jpg  

Old 07-28-2021, 06:47 PM   #7

Yes! That is exactly what I have as well! And the exact question I had about where the temp sensor goes lol I’ll keep you posted if I find one and where it goes if I find out for sure.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:51 PM   #8

seems I've got a new issue, when looking through your Jaycommand how to doc, I tried to test mine out. it doesn't lay out year and model very easily. but from my vin I guessed. where to find this info out factually?

can't sleep tonight, might go ahead and order some parts off the interwebs half asleep, what could go wrong
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4299.jpg   IMG_4300.jpg   IMG_4301.jpg   IMG_4302.jpg  

Old 07-28-2021, 10:59 PM   #9

It will be the L then 1LL. That part was confusing for me too.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Bandit View Post
that is exactly what I needed but haven't found yet!. I just pulled my power air deal down to have a look and make sure my wires are present. this is what I located.

next question is, does the temp sensor wire go to the AC unit itself or does it go to the brain in the belly of the beast?

The BMPRO person just said the temp sensor goes to the jaycommand node so I'm assuming he is saying it needs to go to all the way up under the underbelly to the jaycommand main control board.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:05 AM   #11

Quote:
The BMPRO person just said the temp sensor goes to the jaycommand node so I'm assuming he is saying it needs to go to all the way up under the underbelly to the jaycommand main control board.

I'll have to have a look and see if my node has got wires in place for that spot already, I read on here a while back someone else that added the 3rd AC and behind their wall by the other temp sensor the wire was already run and they simply had to fish it out and tie in the temp sensor. ( I can't find the thread) it was either on here or the facebook group.

I just ordered a borescope camera to have a deeper look behind my wall to see what I can see before i go blindly fishing with a coat hanger.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #12

Quote:
I'll have to have a look and see if my node has got wires in place for that spot already, I read on here a while back someone else that added the 3rd AC and behind their wall by the other temp sensor the wire was already run and they simply had to fish it out and tie in the temp sensor. ( I can't find the thread) it was either on here or the facebook group.

I just ordered a borescope camera to have a deeper look behind my wall to see what I can see before i go blindly fishing with a coat hanger.

Ahhhhh! I actually have one I have been waiting for a time like this. I'm going to take the fan control off the wall and see if I see anything back there!
Old 07-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Ahhhhh! I actually have one I have been waiting for a time like this. I'm going to take the fan control off the wall and see if I see anything back there!

IT IS THERE!!!! lol

Mine was barely taped to the other temp sensor wire. You can see I took out the fan switch so my sausage fingers could reach in the wall better.

Then you can see the current temp sensor with the wire nuts, those go together.

Then you can see the "spare" red and red/black wire with a little piece of tape to the other temp sensor wires.

I was looking at the Mach 15 A/C, do you know if you have to buy the junction/control box to go with it or do they normally come with it? I think that is the last piece of the puzzle for me and then I'll be ready to buy it all!
Attached Thumbnails
Temp Sensor1.jpg   Temp Sensor2.jpg   Temp Sensor3.jpg  
Old 07-29-2021, 11:55 AM   #14

Quote:

I was looking at the Mach 15 A/C, do you know if you have to buy the junction/control box to go with it or do they normally come with it? I think that is the last piece of the puzzle for me and then I'll be ready to buy it all!
AWESOME!
I just emailed Airexcel about the coleman mach 15 48004-6690 to ask the question above. I'll keep ya posted if I hear from them!

Old 07-29-2021, 05:42 PM   #15

Quote:
AWESOME!
I just emailed Airexcel about the coleman mach 15 48004-6690 to ask the question above. I'll keep ya posted if I hear from them!
Great! I'm excited to hear what they say.

I have been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hole behind the current fan control box on the wall after I take it out. Don't know why they had to make it such a big hole for that small wire to come through.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #16

Quote:

I have been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hole behind the current fan control box on the wall after I take it out. Don't know why they had to make it such a big hole for that small wire to come through.
I'm considering adding two of these
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-1-Gan...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Vertically, one below to hold the lower temp sensor and then the other above to hid the big hole and to hold the temp sensor.

Then the next question is... what to do with the power fan? move it to the bathroom or loft? I've learned how to snake power through this trailer with coat hangers that have been straightened!

PS, sorry for hi-jacking your thread, others will show up and just read a conversation between two strangers on the internet, lol. But, maybe they'll be like " these cats figured it out, maybe I can too! "

Old 07-29-2021, 06:38 PM   #17

Quote:

I'm late to the party, but have gone through this VERY same exercise. You've already found the 3rd thermistor wiring, easy enough to hook up the new sensor. If you need to know how to wire the controller on the A/C, I have that documented if you like.

Onto what to do with that hole. I did 2 things. First, I moved the powered fan to the loft. That's pretty easy to do and if you like you *can* just leave the controller right there on the wall. I did not, I moved the controller to the loft as well so the loft vent works remotely.

So what to do with the hole. I was always disappointed that the den light switch wasn't external, so I ran 3 wires from that hole area to the switched under the cabinet in the den and installed switched so the loft light could be operated by the OEM switch as well as the switch on the outside.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #18

Switch
Attached Thumbnails
4E4D5A13-922A-4D63-8EE4-626184D1ED5C.jpg  
Old 07-29-2021, 06:46 PM   #19

Wiring
Attached Thumbnails
18EDE3E1-BCDF-413F-9C29-20A66518D08C.jpg  
Old 07-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #20

The power control box is part of the ceiling plenum, be sure you purchase the right one. I didn't move the fan to the bathroom because I modified the bathroom vent to be power operated with a switch from the wall plate. Works out much better because I can open it a little or all the way if I like.