Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #1
JJD

2nd tv set up

HI Folks,
I am new to this forum but I'm looking for advice on setting up my second TV location. I just purchased a 2017 29.5 bhds and I have the outside TV option. I own a Dish tailgater with a 211z receiver. My question is how do I get the dish signal to the second TV? I see in the bedroom there is a second coax called satellite but the outside TV location only has one. Do I need to get a RF module adaptor out of the receiver and run RCA cables to the outside TV in order to view what is on the that receiver?

Any help would be grateful!
JJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD View Post
HI Folks,
I am new to this forum but I'm looking for advice on setting up my second TV location. I just purchased a 2017 29.5 bhds and I have the outside TV option. I own a Dish tailgater with a 211z receiver. My question is how do I get the dish signal to the second TV? I see in the bedroom there is a second coax called satellite but the outside TV location only has one. Do I need to get a RF module adaptor out of the receiver and run RCA cables to the outside TV in order to view what is on the that receiver?

Any help would be grateful!
JJD, from what I was told and by examining the back of the receiver you can only use it for one TV as there is not a cable output. It only has HDMI and component outputs to connect to one TV. You will need a another receiver for each TV you have. I know this sucks as I have tried myself to do this myself on the second TV in the bedroom. The only way possible I could think of using the one receiver for multiple TV's, you would have to run HDMI cable through the trailer using an HDMI splitter. Maybe someone else has a better remedy for this. Hope this helps. Good luck.

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:32 AM   #3

Another option is a wireless HDMI adapter. Though not inexpensive, it would do the job.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #4

The 211z only has one output. There were earlier models that supported a 2nd TV in SD over coax. I tried this route but the image quality just wasn't what I wanted.

As the poster above mentioned.. I bought a wireless HDMI adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the Wally box which has the RF remote and supports a second remote. I leave one remote in the living area and one in the bedroom or outside. The bonus of the hdmi box is that it support two inputs so it allows us to use the Fire TV or Blueray on both TVs.

It's not the budget option but offer a lot of flexibility and gives you HD quality on the remote TVs.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
JJD

I think I will check into the HDMI adaptor.
Thanks for the reply
JJD is offline   Reply With Quote