Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods

I tow a 11,000 lbs trailer with a Tundra with a 5.7 liter gasser. It does great except on the hills. Then one has to be patient. The tow package handles this heavy TT very well. Heck, the temp gauges on the tranny and oil temp stay the same loaded or not.

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmorr View Post
I noticed one gas line in particular looks quite kinked coming out of junction box, but I have run every gas item on the trailer and they all burn quite well, so must be ok for now. I like the DSI ignition, everything lights up so smoothly. If Jayco has improved the dining room table, it isn't much of an improvement. I can sit on the wall side, but it's a pretty tight fit; oh well. Ran the oven today for the first time, got the pilot lit and it started with no issues. Let it burn awhile and opened some windows and ran fans. The smell should be pretty well burned out of it now and ready to cook food. Heading to season spot first weekend of may and dewinterizing next weekend, looking forward to the weeks ahead!
You can move the table easily enough if you choose. There are only 4 wood screws holding it to the floor. Just make sure it stays the same distance from the outside wall. You can move it a few inches towards the fireplace but do not move it enough that it will hit the couch when it closes.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #13

I just ordered the Coleman Mach digital thermostat to replace the original in our unit. You will find Coleman's analog thermostats can vary widely with the temperature settings. The digital can be set to much lower than 55 degrees as in the original. This can save a lot of propane when monitoring freezing temperatures when you haven't winterized.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote