Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #1

377 RLBH inaugural weekend observations

Hey all
Just got back from our first camping trip with our North Point 377 RLBH and wanted to post some general observations about our camper
* it pulls great. Only about 20 miles but all in the Ozark Mountains crooked 2 lane roads
* very stable with the 6 point auto level. Setup was fast and no issues. Our previous Cedar Creek had the hydraulic system and did not seem as stable
* the light switch for the reading lights over the master bed has a sensor light in the switch that shines across the bed at eye level when you are laying down. Very annoying and it will get painted or covered up. It has black electrical tape on it now and the touch sensor still works so that may be the solution
* with the deep/wide vanity in the bathroom, there is not much room to get out of the shower. With the door pushed to the front of the shower and the wide vanity top, it is sort of tight, even for a thin guy like me. The answer is to push the doors to the back of the shower and get out from under the shower head in front of the toilet. Backwards of what I am used to.
* the bathroom sink is kind of small but the trade off is more counter space. All you really do is wash hands, brush teeth and shave in there so I guess that the sink is adequate.
* the king mattress is better than good and both the wife and I thought the same.
* we will ditch the factory bumper mount propane grill and go back to the Coleman Roadtrip grill we have used for 15 years.
* should have put LED dimmers on both awnings at the same time. We only did the front awning thinking we would not want them both turned on. Our campsite put the fire pit/seating area near the rear of the camper and we could have used the rear LED too. Have another one on order!
* LOVE the big MORryde steps and oversized grab handle
* we have the residential refrigerator and the right side door swings open to hit the wall of the bunk room. I’ll have to come up with a bumper for the door to hit before the next trip in 2 weeks.
* the fireplace heat is really nice but we needed the furnace on the second night
* the motion sensor for the master closer lights is very sensitive and since I am so tall, it will “see” me walk into the bedroom through the gap above the doors. Will need a partial cover or shield of some kind
* overall, the camper has exceeded our expectations and everything works as advertised

Happy camping to us!!!

Marc and Rhonda
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #2

Thanks for the report...sounds great and so glad to hear it's exceeded your expectations. We're waiting for our 377 (with unknown 2019 changes) to arrive at the dealer most any day now... Can't wait!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #3

We have been out 3 times in ours, your observations are spot on. We have noticed the same things. The light switch in our room has duct tape on it for the same reason. It still works too. Have fun!!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #4

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the 377 family! Sounds like a good first trip

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

did you get a heat tape in the main AC? We use and love ours and it really helps take the nip out of the air on those cool mornings without having to use the furnace.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #6

We welcome you to the Jayco forum and to the Northpoint family. Don't forget to visit the modification sticky. Lots of excellent ideas there.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #7

Glad you had good trip. Our closet lights are so sensitive they come on just moving around in bed. We just use them manually.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:22 AM   #8

That's awesome Marc!! Congrats to you two.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:20 AM   #9

I really didn't notice the led light until I went to sleep. Why in the hell did pit that light in the dimmer. I only had white electrical tape so it took two layers to knock down the spot light. Ugh
Stevek10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #10

I may get a new switch to put in. I am guessing they put the light in it so you would be able to find it in the dark. All i know is that little light is BRIGHT!! The sticky mods are great, i have done many. The one i am glad i did was the AC vent mods and the heat vent mod. Bar in the kitchen and flat steps for the ladder were a must too.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #11

Hey all
Thanks for the replies. We don’t have the heat tape
We have used the mods sticky and have done quite a few mods so far.
I taped a small piece of cereal box cardboard to the front of the motion sensor mount so that the cardboard hangs down in front of the sensor and that fixed the problem of the sensor turning the lights on by walking past.

Friday the 11th we go out again!!
Marc
Meadowlark paint
Old 05-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #12

The one AC vent that i will tell you that REALLY needed to be done was the vent for the bunk room. I had to take the millwork apart in the loft to get to the vent but it increased the flow into the bunk room substantially. Have fun on the 11th, happy camping.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflowers View Post
The one AC vent that i will tell you that REALLY needed to be done was the vent for the bunk room. I had to take the millwork apart in the loft to get to the vent but it increased the flow into the bunk room substantially. Have fun on the 11th, happy camping.
I second that and the one over the stove were my worst two.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #14

Yeah, the bunk room was the hardest vent to fix but benefited the most from the mod. The ladder steps made it much easier even for me to get in and out of the loft.
Meadowlark paint