Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2023, 08:04 AM   #1

377RLBH - 2022 GMC short Bed Hitch Question

Morning all- is anyone running a B&W champion RVB3775 hitch with a 2020 or newer GMC short box and can speak to cab clearance for a 22 northpoint 377? I currently have a pullrite 2900 mounted to a Curt picture frame oem puck adapter and the rig sits about 3-4 inches nose high. I can’t seem to find an auto slider that sits lower than about 19in above the bed which is a little less than what I have now. It is also HEAVY!! The B&W manual slider looks to be adjustable down to 17in which gets me halfway but also weights a ton. I started thinking / reading threads about newer GMCs and the puck placement and took a tape measure to the bed and trailer- it seems like I’m awful close to being able to use a B&W champion non slider if configured in the full rear config. which would both help me drop weight AND hitch height. May not get to full 90deg turn, but looks like I may be able to get close. Just looking for anyone that may have gone through this already??? Appreciate the feedback!! Thanks!
Bragg2128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:52 AM   #2

I can't answer your question specifically but I went through the same thing with my Ford short box. Had a B&W Campanion slider that I replaced with a Curt A20 which is much lower and allows the trailer to tow level. Didn't use the slider except to see how it worked and haven't encountered a site where I thought it would have been helpful.
firestorm_actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:16 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback- that is a much lower range height-wise. Does that curt a20 have any adjustment front to back as well or just vertical?
Bragg2128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:21 AM   #4

It has 3 height settings but nothing front to back.
firestorm_actual is offline   Reply With Quote