Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

37RLBH first trip out

Took out new 37RLBH to Stone Mountain GA for its first trip out of the drive. Wife graciously allowed me to go down (alone)for the initial set up but did send the dogs for moral support. Easy-Squeeze drive down and set up was a snap, everything was up and running within 30 minutes after backing in to the parking spot. No trip is ever complete without the memories and there are plenty for the return trip. Procrastinated getting up and by the time we were packing up the trailer it was a "New England Pisser". Managed to back into the trailer with the tail gate down ( no damage) then managed to drop the trailer on the bed of the truck when it slipped out of the hitch. No damage to the trailer but the tailgate doesn't look quite right. Made it home then when turning around in our cul-de-sac realized my neighbors truck was sticking out a little far just as the rear of the JAYCO made contact with his bumper. Minor damage to the truck, moderate damage to the right rear of the trailer. Lot of lessons learned on this one but we already have reservations for three more trips
joelbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #2

It WILL get better!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:59 PM   #3

Yes I've been their, done that and I bent mine ladder so I have gotten better but now I have a back up camera and my wife with our walkie talkie, work wonders.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:09 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Man, what was in your coffee? 😁, just kidding, but I think we've all learned you don't want to put yourself in a situation where you have to rush, but we all know how it is sometimes, and ya just can't help it. Good luck with your upcoming travels my fellow Georgian

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk