Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2023, 10:19 PM   #1

382flrb Leveling

Hello all,
Anyone have experience (and a fix) for the eq smart level left and right not working? When I try auto level the system beeps at me, when I try to adjust the left/right up or down there is no physical response just a soft beep.
Gypsies&Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:06 AM   #2

When mine won't auto level I press retract all first and it operates. For best results on my unit it seems the front has to be slightly lower before pressing auto level. I placed a small bubble level near the controller to get a easy front to rear starting reference.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #3

Thank you Aroamer, will give it a whirl today
Gypsies&Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:12 AM   #4

That’s a safety feature Jayco has built in so you can’t accidentally run the jacks down going down the road. It is activated by hitting the brakes or having your running lights on. If you do what Aroamer says and then never plug your truck in it will work correctly all the time. Once any exterior light on your trailer is activated by hooking to the truck, you start all over and have to hit retract all. This safety feature can be disabled by unhooking pin 64 on the node in the basement I learned on this forum. We would overnight at a harvest host and I would go through the process of retract all so I could operate the leveling and slides and start the generator etc. Then in the morning nothing would work remotely ex. Starting the generator or bumping the level controls from inside, I would have to go outside and bump retract all and everything would work. Had me puzzled until I realized that I had used the truck’s keyless remote to lock it and that flashes the park lights and the safety measure of Jayco kicked in and locked me out of my system until hitting retract all.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman69357 View Post
That’s a safety feature Jayco has built in so you can’t accidentally run the jacks down going down the road. It is activated by hitting the brakes or having your running lights on. If you do what Aroamer says and then never plug your truck in it will work correctly all the time. Once any exterior light on your trailer is activated by hooking to the truck, you start all over and have to hit retract all. This safety feature can be disabled by unhooking pin 64 on the node in the basement I learned on this forum. We would overnight at a harvest host and I would go through the process of retract all so I could operate the leveling and slides and start the generator etc. Then in the morning nothing would work remotely ex. Starting the generator or bumping the level controls from inside, I would have to go outside and bump retract all and everything would work. Had me puzzled until I realized that I had used the truck’s keyless remote to lock it and that flashes the park lights and the safety measure of Jayco kicked in and locked me out of my system until hitting retract all.
This is good info. I have had to struggle with mine a few times and am now wondering if I didn't have mine disconnected. I always thought it might have to do with my starting point of the level.
Ogerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote