Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #1

A/C problems in our 375bhfs

We are having issues with cooling our 375bhfs. This last week it was having a tough time keeping up. We have 15k whisper quiet in main living and 15k in front bedroom and even with both going we couldn't get the camper lower then 89 degrees. There are a few vents that feel like they barely move air in the main living and bunkhouse. Any ideas?
Chaos58503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #2

I'm not sure how you'd check the vents to be sure there is no blockage.

Ideas from an earlier topic.:

I checked temps last season in our trailer with a digital spot infrared thermometer and found the slideout ceiling and the window glass (yes, tinted and the shades closed) radiated serious heat to the interior. We now have a slide topper and that tamed the slideout ceiling as a source of interior heat.

We've done two other things at various times to combat the window heat generated from direct sunlight: Towels (with Disney characters!) hung outside to shade windows and have used the shiny, windshield sun shades tight against the glass inside and in the ceiling skylights (we have two of them).

Late this spring in southern New Mexico and Arizona, we tried a few other tactics that helped: Starting the air cond EARLY in the day, snapping out the interior grill and air cond filters for max air flow through the air cond, and keeping interior doors and vents closed so that ALL the air cond output was in the main part of the trailer (after sunset, the air cond cooled the whole trailer adequately).

Our major problem cooling was on travel days when the entire trailer was already HOT when we stopped to set up for the night. It took all night with dropping outside temps and the air cond working to get the interior temp down.

In past trips we brought one or two box fans along and never needed them. This spring we regretted not having them. It's the old 'It's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.'
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:27 AM   #3

I have a 2014 375BHFS and once outside temps hit triple digits, I can't get mine below 80*. That being said, we are seasonally parked and in full direct sunlight pretty much all day. I usually close the vents on the 15k unit and make sure the living room ceiling fan is on and circulating 24/7. Jayco started offering a 3rd AC unit in either 2015 or 2016 to help solve this problem.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote