Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #1

Angry Aaannndddd stiiilllll waiting...

So our 377, originally ordered on April 19 with delivery date of July 1-10, is not even built yet. Delivery is now moved out to August 1-10

Well, it's August 4. No camper yet. Camping season in this part of the country is quickly getting shorter and shorter.

We talked to our dealer on Monday, and were told our 377 was expected to be delivered to them Thursday or Friday. Spoke with him yesterday afternoon, and he had no clue where it might be. Spoke to him again this morning, and he surmised that something must have happened between Middlebury IN and Albany NY, as it did not arrive and he has no clue where it is. (Does Jayco not track their contract drivers?) 'Something must have happened', JUST what we wanted to hear. Not getting off to a good start with you, Albany RV!!!

Meanwhile, the Montana sits clean and empty in the driveway. Didn't want to use it as we are trading it. We may be loading it back up since we have reservations in Maine the second week in September, and I am going camping at least once this year, darn it!!

Signed, unhappy Campers...

Geno & Linda
Roscoe, Badger & Ella, the 3 Rat Terrors
2019 North Point 377RLBH
2017 F-350 King Ranch Powerstroke
2reiners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #2

I sense your frustration, but today is August 4 and within the 1-10 window. I hope some of this helps a bit:

To the best of my knowledge, Jayco does NOT track deliveries. Years ago I worked under contract to Jayco as a Jayco delivery driver and they didn't even track my deliveries.

Jayco dispatched me to deliver a specific unit from the dispatch lot with the expectation I'd deliver within so many days depending upon the delivery miles. Jayco really didn't know when I'd pick up the unit from the lot or where I was when on the road. I'd only contact Jayco IF I had a problem and would be significantly delayed or when the delivery had been made, the dealer had accepted it, and I was on my way back to Middlebury,

Today I believe ALL deliveries are through delivery companies. Those companies pickup a unit from Jayco's dispatch lot and take it to THEIR dispatch lot. Then the delivery company would assign a delivery driver, but everything once the unit is in Jayco's dispatch lot, including any tracking of the unit, is out of Jayco's control. I'd be surprised if the drivers for the delivery companies are required to update anyone as to their location etc.

BTW, I made MANY deliveries to Albany RV as a delivery driver 'back in the day.' They always struck me as professional and efficient back then. Unless things have changed significantly over the years, they are probably just as much in the dark as you are.

I hope that info helps you bit about the situation.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #3

Delivery

We were in Middlebury IN in late April and there were several hundred ( could have been over 1000 ) RVs sitting on Jayco’s lot to be picked up and delivery lots scattered all over the area with hundreds or thousands at each lot waiting to be delivered ( not all Jayco’s ) - I asked Jacob Frey at Jayco Motorized Service about it and he just shook his head and said that it is hard to get delivery drivers - so I thought it might be an easy way to make some spending $$ but after checking with the delivery company - I haven’t worked for that little money in 35 years and don’t plan to start now Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #4

I feel your pain. I ordered a Jayco Pinnacle on May 16th and was told by my sales person it should be at there store the
first or second week in August. Over and Over I was told that she was waiting for Jayco to give her a date and would get back to me in a few days.
That few days turned into a few weeks with no answer. Just a reponse of 'waiting for her Jayco rep to let her know.' The last time I e-mailed her her response was " I wish I had a Magic wand." Not a good reply from a sales person that should be able to get an answer of when it would be built.
Kinnda torques me off as this is NOT a little purchase and she should be keeping in touch even if she has no answers. So I said the heck with it. Lets see if she comes back with an answer of WHEN This was going be built. Well it has been over a month and I have heard nothing. So I email Jayco. The same day John McDonald replied and said he would get the regional manager to look into it. The next day I had my answer. They have a work order number but no vin yet. He said possible first or second week in September. He said If I did not here from my sales lady to email him around the first week of august and he would see if he could get a better time frame.
So A big thumbs up to Jayco for The fast response. I am not sure what is up with the place I am getting the Fifth wheel from. Emailed my other
contact there last week and no response from him either. Funny how warm and fuzzy I felt before they got my deposit and no I feel left out in the storm. So here's hoping...
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #5

I order a 321 RSTS in May. It was going to be a 2018. In July my dealer called me and said good news is that “your getting a 2019. Bad news is it won’t be delivered until August.” I spoke to him yesterday and was told that it came off the assembly line and would be scheduled for delivery. Supposedly by the 15th.
DavidSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #6

I knew from the start that mine was going to be a 2019. Honestly my frustration is not with Jayco. My frustration is with a dealership that can't be bothered to keep the customer informed. Not a good way to start our relationship.
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #7

My jayflight 29rks purchased on may 30 should be offline by sept10 and a serial number has been assigned to my unit. So 6 weeks after the original date. Hopefully it's because they are taking their time to build it properly....

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #8

priv8pilot, totally agree with you, our frustration is with the dealer, not Jayco. We actually learned of the first delivery date delay when we called Jayco directly. We spoke with Mike who was more than helpful, and called our (very surprised) dealer to let him know about the delay, after he had informed us it was still on track for the first week in July. He apparently didn't really check on it, or didn't know who to talk to. Either way, kudos to Jayco. We will be relying on them again to let us know what is happening this time, as our dealer is currently not returning our calls since telling us last Friday afternoon he didn't know where it was. We were told that the unit left Indiana on Friday July 27 and was due at the dealership in Albany no later than Friday August 3. Maybe he had no business telling us that, since when the contract driver delivers is apparently left totally up to them, but be honest and tell us that. At any rate, it's August 5 and the camper is still among the missing. We do know that Jayco is looking into it as of this morning, so I expect we'll get something closer to the truth today from them. Anyway, just venting, thanks for letting me. On a lighter note, one of my fellow campers at work asked about it this morning. When told it's still in limbo, he replied "Look on the bright side, it's probably set up at some campground between Indiana and Albany and they're working the bugs out of it for you as we speak!" From his mouth to God's ears.

Geno & Linda
Roscoe, Badger & Ella, the 3 Rat Terrors
2019 North Point 377RLBH
2017 F-350 King Ranch Powerstroke
2reiners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2reiners View Post
We were told that the unit left Indiana on Friday July 27 and was due at the dealership in Albany no later than Friday August 3. Maybe he had no business telling us that, since when the contract driver delivers is apparently left totally up to them, but be honest and tell us that.
Or it's sitting on the dealer's lot and they haven't gone over it yet.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
My jayflight 29rks purchased on may 30 should be offline by sept10 and a serial number has been assigned to my unit. So 6 weeks after the original date. Hopefully it's because they are taking their time to build it properly....
lmao
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #11

Tell Jayco to stick it where the sun don't shine! In Arizona plenty sitting around here.You are already waiting, just wait till warranty repairs come along! Lots of waiting, That's in my opinion!
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Tell Jayco to stick it where the sun don't shine! In Arizona plenty sitting around here.You are already waiting, just wait till warranty repairs come along! Lots of waiting, That's in my opinion!
Sounds more like dealer issues than Jayco issues. They have always been wonderful to me and my family members. Our dealer is wonderful. Sadly ours maybe going back to Jayco for a repair the dealer is deciding if they are able to handle or not. Just making this comment as I find I read a lot of frustration at Jayco because their name is on the unit due to long waits on repairs but they do not own the dealers that have outsold their service department capacity.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #13

Dealer

You may want to rethink your choice of dealers because if this is the level of service that you receive now it won’t be better in the future - service is worth a lot to me and I will drive a little extra to get it Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #14

It’s very easy to tell when a salesperson from Albany RV is lying to you. His lips move....

We showed up tp p/u the unit that we put a down payment on, and had the bank papers in hand, on the day we were supposed to, and found that they had sold the unit to a different couple, who had picked it up the day before! Took them 3 months to get another unit in for us.... they’ve got some decent people in their service and parts department, but......

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #15

Jayco and the Dealers all the same most hope they never see you again once that camper leave's the lot! That's been my experience over the last 2 years 11 months.Final warranty being completed as we speak! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #16

Be mad at the dealer now for not keeping you informed. Then you can be mad at Jayco after you have to wait a few more weeks for the PDI items to be fixed... If i were you i'd get that camping trip in with your Montana...
Old 08-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #17

Delayed to build it properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson View Post
lmao:rofl:
lmao x 2
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #18

It took Jayco 4 months to build ours. Ordered in September after labor day and received January 18th. Just be patient and hopefully your patience will be rewarded with many happy trips and no problems from the unit
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #19

Having done this on our first Jayco with Albany the worst part is that you finance/pay for the unit once a VIN is assigned which means it's complete and ready for shipment. From that point until final Jayco PDI and movement can be several days or up to 2 weeks. Dealer PDI is over and above that upon receipt.

Did you finalize the payment? If so I would speak with management at Albany RV and bypass the rep.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #20

Order North Point 379 first of April and showed up at the dealer Aug 3, 2018.
darkcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote