Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2022, 02:12 PM   #1

Access to furnace 2015 Eagle Premier??

The furnace starts, runs about 2 seconds, and quits . My husband cannot find any access to work on it .... He is wondering if he will have to take the fireplace out to get access?? Any ideas would be appreciated!!
Marianelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:51 PM   #2

It will be located right behind the furnace exhaust from the outside. Do you have a panel where the exhaust is? If not, it will have to be removed from the inside most likely under a cabinet.
Wasn’t sure exact model but looks like your access will be inside from this pic. Kind of a pain. Yellow circle is your exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
787675E7-7AB6-4338-8965-BB16D6CAA5EC.jpg  
Old 01-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #3

On most campers it is challenging to find an access. As Parrott, stated, look for the exterior exhaust vent, then look inside at that area. It will be hidden.

From online images, it looks like you will need to access the furnace via the cargo hold, through a false panel next to the cargo hold access door on the street side. Looking at the floorplan it does not appear like there would be an access from the inside.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:39 PM   #4

I saw a picture of a 2015 and yes, the vent is just to the right of the pass through, driver side.

Access will be just like mine, take everything out of the pass through and the wall on the right (from drivers side) will have about 8 screws to remove it. Once you have it open you will see the furnace, in a very difficult spot to access.

It actually sounds like a propane issue, tanks are low, or not opened all the way or a regulator problem. These issues are a lot easier to check first before messing with the furnace.
This furnace experts might have more ideas on the furnace, exhaust plugged with a old hornet nest might be another cause.

All my furnace issues have been related to the furnace blower motor having issues (older rv’s), but that does not appear to match with your description.