Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2021, 08:02 PM   #1

Battery box issue wanting to go solar

I have a 1996 jayco eagle 265. Trailer came with a single battery box that is accessible from outside but sits in the steps to the upper bedroom.

I. Looking to make some incremental steps to solar. (Tired of lugging the generator and after this week of constant problems in about to make it a boat anchor).

So I'm looking for suggestions on relocating or alterations for dual 12v batteries (litho is not an option at this time)

Looking at adding 200 to 300w of solar panels, would love to have some experience in mounting, wire runs etc... don't need any leaks or ugly installs.

And currently fron what I can tell my trailer does not have an inverter:/charger box but only a charger. (If it has both my paperwork doesn't indicate it, 110v doesn't work on battery at all and I busted up my ribs so in not crawling down on the floor to look yet). I have an inverter from a much newer jayco that I scavenged for another project but haven't used it so its available. Any considerations I need to have in doing this or suggestions to make a clean install for best operation and clean install....

I'd even entertain suggestions for equipment brands ratings etc. Unfortunately this like all my projects is low budget, really low budget.

If you have pictures of your system, especially battery location ideas
Thanks
Ironrosefarms is offline   Reply With Quote