Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #21

Ok I went back a page and u said Pinnacle kitchen slide. U can google schwintec slide re sync procedure. U have to hold the button for five seconds after u extend or retract to sync motors each time. U will hear them sync up. Did ur mobile tech even look at the control module for codes?
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #22

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...pswa6saopa.jpg

My dealer said this is NORMAL. And this is how the critters came in
JamieBoyer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #23

Now that u posted a pic that is how they are. When you said crooked I thought you meant left to right. The slide sits up on rollers that is why it is raised. Open slide and go underneath. U will see there is a wiper seal that closed the bottom gap. Stick a finger in an pull down the seal and you can see the rollers. U can see the wear marks on the bottom of slide. I dought that is where they are coming from. Now my electrical and gas had a big opening where the swing arm connects to the frame which could let critters in.?look at ur living room slide u will see a big opening around the guide tube which also lets them in
Rock
Old 04-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #24

Hi - Hope you still are checking this forum: Had similar issues and wondering if you can post pictures of your solution. Bought a new 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 32TSBH and big gap under the slide. I assume this " foam 3x3x2 piece is whats missing. Can't do the mouse scene and looking for ideas.
Momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #25

I cannot say it enough get some bobcat pee from one of the websites. It is the magic bullet to keep mice away
Rock
Old 04-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #26

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to see photos of what you (Dean) did for the closed slide-out corners. I'm a visual person and having a tough time figuring out exactly what you've done. I'm open to seeing what anyone has done about those corners--it just doesn't make sense that they are not better sealed.

We just purchased a used Eagle 33.5RETS that has the big gaps at the corners and discovered we had some unwanted visitors over the past week and we want to get on top of this ASAP! YUK!
Thanks!
Shannon
Creativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:34 AM   #27

First welcome. Mice can get in the smallest crack and if they are around it's virtually impossible to keep them out of the unit.

Limit the ground contact points.
I've heard that peppermint oil is a deterrent and I would spray it around contact points and where you think they are gaining access.

Glue traps so you know what you caught and can remove it.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymanykd View Post
Thought I provide a update as to where we ended up...

Based on the amount of nibble on the blocks and color looks like we only had one intruder, Thank heaven for that. I did do a complete crawl under the trailer from end to end and eventhough it sprayfoamed there are a few areas to point to other owners where you may want to do some work. Some of this may be specific to this model of Jayco FW but don't think it will be far off for others.

1. Spare tire where the cable hangs thru the under belly, there is a 8"x8" hole where the underbelly is cut for the cable to hang thur. The tire is in close proximity to the axle, so up the tire and onto the axle and accross to the spare and up on in and then free run of the trailer. So I used a sheet of light galvainzed metal slotted it and drilled a 3/8" hole for the cable and then glued screwed it in place.

2. The back sheeting underneith add screws and whasher to close the gaps. at the front and back of the trailer. As for the sides (Along the bottom flange of the frame) there are gaps but some silicone and spray foam will close this off.

3. Inside the trailer where electrical and plumbing cut thru the floor, steel wool and sprayfoam again (Approx 8 locations in various spots) I did go to the extreme of sleaing all openings within the stroage area as well so the areas are segregated.

4. Slideout corners when open, steel wool the corners, I do it from the inside, keep filling the corners until you cannot push any more in.

5. Slide out motor arms when slide is open 1/2" gap around them, Steel wool will solve this probem. When closed the gap is seaed so no addtional sealing required/

6. Slideout corners when closed. Will describe as best as I can, if any wants pictures let me know and I will down load. I did end up removing the foam blocks and fabricating from 5/8" plywood filler pieces. I do now understand why they have used the foam instead of closing the floor in, this is because height differece from when the slide is open vs closed, when closed there is about a 1/2" gap from the floor of the u/s of the slide. So what I did to adress this is added rubber backing to the plywood fillers and installed it in the slideout open postion (Lowest point), pushed the filler in as tight as it will go and then fabricated metal brackes that screw to the floor as well as the filler piece. I then Closed the slide out (Highest point) and added rubber gasket, same type that is used on a overhead door bottom to fill the gap, stapled it to the filler board and then added rubber seal material to the underside of the slideout floor therby making it a tight seal. I now have nowhere that my pinky can slide thru. As added insurance I will steel wool around the fillers just to be 100% sure that it cannot be penetrated.

I am hoping this takes care of the issue, spent about a day and a half working on it, it is work, but I'll sleep alot better knowing it's done. If anyone wants more details I will be more than happy to share.

Dean
Can u send pics of your job in closing the bottom corners of slideouts as I have daylight showing from the corners. Thks
Garry Simons is offline   Reply With Quote