Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #1

Dealer increases price on custom order after delivery

If the manufacturers costs decreased over that time period do you think they will reimburse you the difference, I doubt it. A deal is a deal as far as I'm concerned
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #2

So I was following this thread because I am curious what the outcome is going to be. I am also curious as to why the thread was closed?
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georam1 View Post
So I was following this thread because I am curious what the outcome is going to be. I am also curious as to why the thread was closed?
My guess is, because JOF does not permit legal advice and discussions about litigation, which is what the original thread turned into.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #4

Ok makes sense. Thanks! Still would like to know how it turns out.
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcf7 View Post
If the manufacturers costs decreased over that time period do you think they will reimburse you the difference, I doubt it. A deal is a deal as far as I'm concerned
I don’t think many RV sales are that far off of car sales. Same tactics in many. Same ethics. They aren’t dealing with the same customers even annually in most cases. So the only thing you should trust they care about is the margin. Even if their price from the manufacturer was exactly the same, it’s a big motivator to double the profit on a sale, especially if they have access to fewer units for sale if things are scarce. It may not seem right or just, but I think it seems entirely predictable.
RayPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #6

Quote:
He posted the outcome here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ery-88353.html
Old 07-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
The buyer and the dealer could not reach an agreement. The purchase was terminated and the buyer was reimbursed his deposit.

He posted the outcome June 30. You can find it by searching for it on the forum.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #8

Josh the RV Nerd from Hylet RV explained this very well on YouTube. The dealers have no idea what the manufacturers are going to charge them. They are unable to absorb the increases and stay in business like before. His explanation makes sense to me.
khahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #9

The same reason everything Ford sells is on national backorder. Stupid stuff. Oil filters, air filters, tires. Vendors for large corporations couldn't weather the Covid storm. Most went out of business. Now these big corporations are scrambling to find vendors to help them with supply which increases cost
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #10

To make matters worse, automotive is extremely cutthroat in terms of negotiating with suppliers. Couple that with stringent quality requirements its not difficult to understand why they’re having difficulty with their supply base. Lastly, the component market is extremely tight right now. This is a cyclical event, but exacerbated by everything becoming connected nowadays.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by khahuna View Post
Josh the RV Nerd from Hylet RV explained this very well on YouTube. The dealers have no idea what the manufacturers are going to charge them. They are unable to absorb the increases and stay in business like before. His explanation makes sense to me.

The difference is that Josh and others honored deals signed before price protection was dropped by manufacturers. My deal was signed in January. Price protection announcements didn't come out until May. Camping World and/or Jayco should have price protected my deal.
mgparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:29 AM   #12

Contact my sales rep at RV One Buffalo; he is amazing and may be able to help you.
(Even in Florida)

darren.fuller@rvone.com
+1 (716) 652-4500
JosephC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephC View Post
Contact my sales rep at RV One Buffalo; he is amazing and may be able to help you.
(Even in Florida)

darren.fuller@rvone.com
+1 (716) 652-4500

Thanks Joseph. We did actually find something. If it falls through, I'll definitely keep this in mind though.
mgparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparr View Post
The difference is that Josh and others honored deals signed before price protection was dropped by manufacturers. My deal was signed in January. Price protection announcements didn't come out until May. Camping World and/or Jayco should have price protected my deal.
I purchased/ordered from Josh/Haylett mid january and even though there were 2 price increases they honored the original quote and I took delivery end of April. In may, i believe, Haylett also suspended their price guarantee. They stood behind what they offered to me in January. when i signed the buyers order, i asked where all the fine print was, and was told there wasn't any. i was leary, but it turned out o.k.
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #15

I call the issue the manufacturers are having the “Walmart syndrome”. They’ve pulled so much profit from their supplier base that delivery and availability suffers. Many suppliers were operating on razor thin margins based on volume. When volume tanked so did the suppliers.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #16

Thumbs down I wouldn't if i were you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephC View Post
(Even in Florida)

darren.fuller@rvone.com
+1 (716) 652-4500
He may be a great salesman, but their service department is very, very bad. Just look it up on BBB. I spent 2 years of $%^& tying to get warranty work done, including a major water leak.
Forestville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPayne View Post
I don’t think many RV sales are that far off of car sales. Same tactics in many. Same ethics. They aren’t dealing with the same customers even annually in most cases. So the only thing you should trust they care about is the margin. Even if their price from the manufacturer was exactly the same, it’s a big motivator to double the profit on a sale, especially if they have access to fewer units for sale if things are scarce. It may not seem right or just, but I think it seems entirely predictable.
I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush.
alwalk63 is offline   Reply With Quote