Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #1

Designer vs. Pinnacle

thinking of moving up from our Eagle that we like a lot, to something for full timing. Anyone have any experience with the 2016 designer? what is the worth over the top end pinnacle
dougmaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #2

We own the pinnacle with the front living and enjoy it very much. Couldn't tell you anything about the designer series,sorry.
Gutshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

Same here. We have the FLSA and absolutely love it. No issues other than figuring out some of the new stuff. Folks on here helped us a ton. Don't know anything about the newer designers.
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #4

I really don't think the designer will be a better unit overall than the Northpoint or Pinnacle. Lots more bling and a higher price tag, definitely. A better rig, I don't think so. I haven't owned either, but I've full timed in a similar build to a pinnacle, and lived in another fifth wheel several years back for about 8 months, also similar build and qualities. We're debating going back into full timing again next year, but it won't be in a Designer, and Pinnacle doesn't have a second bedroom / bunk room. We learned that only certain things matter when living in one. A lot is just advertising BS. Give me a "full time" rated rig, and I can freeze it up or wear it out, give me an entry level rig, and I can show you how to full time in it and make it last. Somebody said it well a few days ago somewhere, a full time rig is whatever you full time in. Take your pick. With a few modifications, an Eagle is just fine. We had little things done here and there to our full time rig that made it maintain 70° temps in the summer (without dual pane windows) and warm in the winter. That said, we're looking at 2 manufacturers, one of them being Jayco. In the Jayco, it would be the Eagle 360QBOK or the similar floor plan in the Northpoint. We'll be doing a trial run in our small JayFlight next year, which has proven tried and true and has over 6000 miles and heavy use in less than a year, just to make sure we want to do it again. If a rig doesn't have it or come with it, we modify it, add it, whatever to make it what we want. Such as the residential fridge in ours now.

Any particular reason yall see "moving up"? Features? A "Full Time" rating? Just curious.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #5

With a ~30 grand bump on the Pinnacle price tag, you would think they would be marketing the up-scale features like crazy...

Looking at the specs, it appears to follow the Pinnacle floor plans, and has a dishwasher...

Maybe better interior surfaces, carpet, and furniture materials?

I've got the same question as the OP, we already have a 15 38FLSA, but we're trading in for new next year.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_GMC View Post

Looking at the specs, it appears to follow the Pinnacle floor plans, and has a dishwasher...

Maybe better interior surfaces, carpet, and furniture materials?
+ 3" walls, 12" I beam frame, 3" cabinet frames, full body paint, 17.5 H tires just to add a couple.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #7

We're looking at the Designer but not sure yet. I'm most impressed with the build. 12" I beam chassis, 8000# axels, 17.5 wheels an Goodyear LT tires plus MorRyde 4100 suspension. Given the heavier build it does weigh quit a bit more than a Pinnacle. We are going to full time starting next year and this would be a BIG upgrade plus upgrading to a 3500 truck. ????
Cheetah053 is offline   Reply With Quote