Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #1

Dish Network wally receiver question

We have a eagle Ht 28.5 rsts and just got a tailgater from dish with a wally receiver and have it hooked up in the living room. It's geat ,now I am trying to figure out how to mirror it to the bedroom TV . Anyone know of a easy way to do it ?
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #2

Yes, very easy. I make an assumption that you already have a bedroom TV installed and hooked up to the cable plug. In the coax that comes out of the receiver add a splitter. Run one coax to your living room TV and the other hook up to the cable line that is probably in the vicinity of your living room TV. This is usually on the plate that also has the amplifier for over the air reception. You will have the same program on both the living room TV and the bedroom TV.
15 Gal Aux Gas Tank
Double Tow 2016 Yamaha Viking Side x Side
Donpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #3

The wally receiver only has one HDMI output no coax ! Do they make a HDMI splitter and a HDMI to coax converter ? Thanks
Old 06-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #4

splitter: https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Switch-4...=hdmi+splitter

converter: https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Con...coax+converter

Amazon is your friend!
Old 06-09-2018, 04:15 AM   #5

They have wireless HDMI transmitters. Bit expensive but I hear they work well.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I don’t think either of those will work. One splits into two HDMI and would work if they ran an HDMI cable from the living room to the bedroom.....but they don’t. The other is a throughput HDMI that just pulls out a seperate audio output.

I’m in the same boat as I wait on delivery for my unit. The easiest I have come up with is the wireless, but will be very expensive to 3 TV’s. HDMI to Cat 6 isn’t expensive if it’s possible to fish Cat 6 to the other TV’s. Would like to hear people’s methods as well.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #7

Hyperactive: Sorry, but I did not know the wally receivers output was completely different than my ancient dish receiver. I don't have a need other than getting a signal so it works fine for me. It is now in my 2016 Pinnacle and I get the feed in the bedroom and outside TV. This is the third fifth wheel I have hooked it up as described. Good luck in finding something simple and cheap to fix your problem.
15 Gal Aux Gas Tank
Double Tow 2016 Yamaha Viking Side x Side
Donpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #8

Wouldn't something like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-...FQJ8fgodFYIHGQ
work as a splitter?
Do you have a coaxial jack in the bedroom? If so then you would need to find out where it starts from. Somewhere in the 5er is a splitter and one cable goes to the bedroom and one to the living area. You might have to start digging in behind drawers and panels to find out how they ran the coaxial.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Wouldn't something like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-...FQJ8fgodFYIHGQ
work as a splitter?
Do you have a coaxial jack in the bedroom? If so then you would need to find out where it starts from. Somewhere in the 5er is a splitter and one cable goes to the bedroom and one to the living area. You might have to start digging in behind drawers and panels to find out how they ran the coaxial.
Op has only a HDMI connection. No coax connection on the Walley receiver. He needs to go from HDMI to coaxial. I do don't know if such a device exists.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 06-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #10

I do have a coax in the bedroom but the receiver has only one output and it is a HDMI.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #11

Dish does have a converter box that outputs to a coaxial connection (order only). Not cheep and only allows for simultaneous viewing to both TV. I have the Pathway X2 satellite with a wally in the LR and a 211Z in the BR. The Pathway X2 ($400) has dual outputs but one is just a slave signal (limited channels) from the main output. Additionally, I have read that DISH now makes a two Main line output satellite ($550). Both very portable and self aligning.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #12

I installed an HDMI splitter behind the living room tv and ran HDMI cables through conduit under the rv to the bedroom and storage area. I installed hdmi wall plates in the bedroom and storage area. I have short hdmi cables from the wall plates to my bedroom tv and storage area tv. I have one Wally receiver so all 3 tvs have the same signal. I have the option to install 2 Wally receivers with my Winegard Pathway X2 satellite in the future. Everything is working great.
AnthonyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #13

Anthonyl,I like your way the best. I will try to figure out how to get the cable from the tv slide to the bedroom and get a slitter and a long HDMI . Thanks
Old 06-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #14

Anthonyl, where did you run the cable to the bedroom? Thru the ceiling thru a wall,in the basement?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #15

Hyperactive, I ran 2 hdmi cables through my kitchen slide out with the existing electrical/water lines. I ran them through conduit along the frame from the kitchen slide to my macerator. I ran the 2 cables through an opening around the macerator and then sprayed foam on them to seal it good. I installed one cable on the wall inside the storage area for the 'outside' tv and ran the other cable along the washer drain from the bedroom for the bedroom tv.
AnthonyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #16

Thank you.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #17

I think they have a model w 2 outputs.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #18

Dish and Wally

I have the wally on each tv. We have 3 tv's. You have to the run coax wire from the main side of the dish satellite to the wally receiver. The coax wire has to be wired directly from the satellite to the receiver. Move the slide out out to where it is about a foot from all the way out and stop, I run the coax thru the slide out rubber near the floor. Then continue to run slide out till it stops .I tried the ports where it said sat , cable, didn't work. The coax has to be directly wired to make the signal work. If you try to use one sat for 2 tv's, you will have to buy another wally. Wire the receiver directly as you did your first tv. This is the ONLY way that works for portable satellites from dish. Good luck .
Mikepulliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepulliam View Post
I have the wally on each tv. We have 3 tv's. You have to the run coax wire from the main side of the dish satellite to the wally receiver. The coax wire has to be wired directly from the satellite to the receiver. Move the slide out out to where it is about a foot from all the way out and stop, I run the coax thru the slide out rubber near the floor. Then continue to run slide out till it stops .I tried the ports where it said sat , cable, didn't work. The coax has to be directly wired to make the signal work. If you try to use one sat for 2 tv's, you will have to buy another wally. Wire the receiver directly as you did your first tv. This is the ONLY way that works for portable satellites from dish. Good luck .
Not true at all. Your trailer has an issue. I use a automatic stationary dish through the sat connection on my unit with no issue. I also use the cable connection with no issue. The factory had my sat and aux (bedroom) cables swapped. I swapped them to their correct ports and all is good. You definitely don't need to have a direct connection between the dish and the receiver. Provided your trailer doesn't have any issues.

Earl
Old 06-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #20

Jayco alante 31v ride

My Alante 32v ride was horrible. Made a few changes and the difference is remarkable. Changed shocks to Koni; added Safe-T-steer; and Sumo jounce springs. Each has made the handling and ride much better. The Sumo’s alone changed the ride tremendously.
I highly recommend the Sumo’s. However you need a professional to install. I recommend “Heavy Truck Repair” in Morrisville VA if you live near Stafford VA. Super work and labor is lowest in region.
Fido & Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote