Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2022, 12:48 AM   #41

Well, thanks to you guys I finally install our Dometic 320 and just in time because the wife and I are leaving out to go on our cross-country trip Monday so wish us well guys.

I had wanted to install it way before now but I took my rv to the shop on March the 15th to have our decal put on from last year and also to get my wheel repack, well after keeping our rv for almost two weeks they didn't even touch our rv and needless to say I was disappointed with service.

So I call the Manager, well I should say that I let him know how I was displeased with the shop, my salesman I was trying or we was talking about trading in our rv for a 2022 Pinnacle and that I had a friend who wanted to get an rv.

I told my salesman that I will not be getting one from them and neither will I refer my friend to this dealership, this is the second time they did this.

Now we are traveling cross country and not having to get my wheel repack and they need them but I'm going anyway and we are going trust in the Lord for safe travel.

Sorry for the rant I had to get it out of my system but here are some pics and thanks again for all who commended and post pics.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN4235.JPG   DSCN4238.JPG   DSCN4241.JPG  
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:39 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Well, thanks to you guys I finally install our Dometic 320 and just in time because the wife and I are leaving out to go on our cross-country trip Monday so wish us well guys.

I had wanted to install it way before now but I took my rv to the shop on March the 15th to have our decal put on from last year and also to get my wheel repack, well after keeping our rv for almost two weeks they didn't even touch our rv and needless to say I was disappointed with service.

So I call the Manager, well I should say that I let him know how I was displeased with the shop, my salesman I was trying or we was talking about trading in our rv for a 2022 Pinnacle and that I had a friend who wanted to get an rv.

I told my salesman that I will not be getting one from them and neither will I refer my friend to this dealership, this is the second time they did this.

Now we are traveling cross country and not having to get my wheel repack and they need them but I'm going anyway and we are going trust in the Lord for safe travel.

Sorry for the rant I had to get it out of my system but here are some pics and thanks again for all who commended and post pics.
Sorry for your experience. Best wishes for a whole lot better time on your trip! Re: wheel bearings - we have a brake, axle, alignment shop that repacks/replaces bearings, checks brakes on trailers. We bring our trailer there every April for service. The very good work they do is well worth the reasonable cost and gives us confidence for the 10-12,000 miles we travel a year. Perhaps such a place near you?
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:57 AM   #43

Have a safe trip Big1
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 12:15 PM   #44

Thank you guys, I was hoping to get it done through the dealer for now since our time was short but I would have to check it out when we get back, bummmer, it is what it is I guess, anyway we are very excited to leave tomorrow morning early.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:33 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
We had a head with the sprayer on a past rig. When I bought the Dometic 310, I got the sprayer, and now, not finding one with the sprayer is a deal breaker for me. It is indispensable.
Don't worry about purchasing a Dometic toilet with the sprayer. You can buy the sprayer separately. With a few parts from Home Depot or Lowes, you can easily install your own sprayer with a little DIY plumbing skill.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #46

We are still enjoying ours.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:47 AM   #47

Safe travels on your trip Big1.. Keep us posted on your eventure..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:25 PM   #48

Thank you sir, we are in N.C at Seymour Johnson AFB we were in New Bern N.C at a KOA but we manage to come to the AFB were we paid $25 a day were at the KOA we were paying about $60 a day.

We were able to bring my mother out to our fiver to see how it look and feed her dinner, she had a nice time spending time with her son and daughter-in-law. We are planning on taking her to her doctor appointment on the 13th, so all is well and thank you sir.

Starting out at first was like hell, we ran into some freezing weather in WY and Springfield MO, the water holes froze that night and my back was hurting the whole time and even now it was hurting to the point that I was almost in tears but I had to break down and set up every night at all 6 days of stay at the campground.

And beside that, the Dometic 320 toilet that I install I install the wrong fitting and it was leaking water for three days, water leak down in the storage compartment and we could turn on the water, lol. For three days it was really bad we froze our buns off, so on the three day of travel I was able to go to homedepot for the third of forth times and I finally bought the right fitting and put some seal around the fitting so that took care of the water leak.

Now my back continue to hurt like it have never hurt before but since we are at a AFB I'm planning on going to the medical clinic this week to see if they can help with the pain. The doctor on base at home gave my morton 800mg, muscle relaxing and a box patches and all don't even help, I really want the pain to go away. So sorry for the rant but I'm taking everything with stride.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:26 AM   #49

[QUOTE=Big1;1040007]Thank you sir, we are in N.C at Seymour Johnson AFB we were in New Bern N.C at a KOA but we manage to come to the AFB were we paid $25 a day were at the KOA we were paying about $60 a day.

some of the Military RV sites are pretty nice and cheap. I got sponsored by a friend and stayed in a couple near San Diego two summers ago, One of the sites were within yards of the Ocean.. I can tell you, back pain sucks big.. I've been working on my solar project and did something to my lower back while working on the RV roof, I barely got down.. Doctor said i pinnched a nerve, gave me muscle relaxers and told me to rest. That was a week ago and finally getting around a lot better. I think our minds tells us we are still young bucks, but our bodies don't agree.. I can bet you've been working your butt off getting ready for your trip.. Get some rest, take it easy... Hope your back comes back around so you can enjoy your trip better.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:44 AM   #50

Hey Big1, hope you are feeling better. We are down the road from you near New Bern. I am sure the docs will take care of you at Seymour.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:47 PM   #51

[QUOTE=kirkelli;1040047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Thank you sir, we are in N.C at Seymour Johnson AFB we were in New Bern N.C at a KOA but we manage to come to the AFB were we paid $25 a day were at the KOA we were paying about $60 a day.

some of the Military RV sites are pretty nice and cheap. I got sponsored by a friend and stayed in a couple near San Diego two summers ago, One of the sites were within yards of the Ocean.. I can tell you, back pain sucks big.. I've been working on my solar project and did something to my lower back while working on the RV roof, I barely got down.. Doctor said i pinnched a nerve, gave me muscle relaxers and told me to rest. That was a week ago and finally getting around a lot better. I think our minds tells us we are still young bucks, but our bodies don't agree.. I can bet you've been working your butt off getting ready for your trip.. Get some rest, take it easy... Hope your back comes back around so you can enjoy your trip better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Hey Big1, hope you are feeling better. We are down the road from you near New Bern. I am sure the docs will take care of you at Seymour.

Thank you guys so much it mean a lot to me and yes I have been working my buns off every day and it is getting worse, it was to the point that I can even walk or get up unless my wife help me.

Tomorrow we have to go to my mother, she have some paper that needed to be look at but hopefully that's all.
I did went to the doctor today and he said it probably a pinch nerve but it's hard to tell without having a MRI done, which he said that it's a long draw out process as far as going back and forward for appointments but they did xray today and I get to go back on the 22nd if we still here. In the mean time he gave me so pills to take that will help.

@ jetlag, sorry that we couldn't meet up some where but we were there for only two days, they couldn't guarantee that we could stay two weeks or longer so we went out on base and found out that they had a good spot. When we found the spot we had to hurry up and go back to New Bern, and get hook up, leave New Bern and try to make it back to Seymour AFB before the one gate close, which we didn't but that's another story for another time, lol.

Thanks again guys, I think that we are setup now. In the process of our staying so far I was getting some diesel fuel at the BP station I got some bad diesel fuel I got $125.00 worth of bad fuel, lol, sometimes when it rain it pour but I'm trying to run it out so I can get some better fuel, but I did put some HotShot added in the fuel tank.

What is a good gas station to go to, Shell and other I'm afraid to go back to BP station?
Old 05-04-2022, 10:15 PM   #52

Post Not to bust a bubble

This is not us .... Terrible toilet! 9 months ago Bought our trailer, BRAND NEW, may 2020....took about 8 trips in it. This year, on our 3rd trip we noticed a urine smell, husband cleaned out the tank really good that trip, still had a slight smell....went on another trip and we could smell it again! I searched for that smell and could not figure out where it was coming from. The day we got home, we unloaded trailer and later I went out in trailer and the urine smell was SO BAD! Opened windows to try and air out. Next day I went out and still....TERRIBLE SMELL! To make it worse, we've had triple digit heat....got on a fb page I follow and started asking questions..... instantly I had people saying the dometic 300 was known to have problems where urine collets in the cavity of the toilet. And sure enough...we checked and probably had a couple cups of urine in the cavity.... the smell was one of the worst smells I've ever smelled. Husband rolled up some paper towels and stuck down in there to see what he could get soaked up and instantly it was soaked with urine. Called dometic and the representative was not all that nice. He told us to email them with our info so I did and I have yet to hear back from them........this was about 3 days ago......and still no response.Less Nothappy • Reviewed on dometic.com. Found more complaints at https://www.google.com/search?q=Dome...hrome&ie=UTF-8
JaycoQuest294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:05 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoQuest294 View Post
This is not us .... Terrible toilet! 9 months ago Bought our trailer, BRAND NEW, may 2020....took about 8 trips in it. This year, on our 3rd trip we noticed a urine smell, husband cleaned out the tank really good that trip, still had a slight smell....went on another trip and we could smell it again! I searched for that smell and could not figure out where it was coming from. The day we got home, we unloaded trailer and later I went out in trailer and the urine smell was SO BAD! Opened windows to try and air out. Next day I went out and still....TERRIBLE SMELL! To make it worse, we've had triple digit heat....got on a fb page I follow and started asking questions..... instantly I had people saying the dometic 300 was known to have problems where urine collets in the cavity of the toilet. And sure enough...we checked and probably had a couple cups of urine in the cavity.... the smell was one of the worst smells I've ever smelled. Husband rolled up some paper towels and stuck down in there to see what he could get soaked up and instantly it was soaked with urine. Called dometic and the representative was not all that nice. He told us to email them with our info so I did and I have yet to hear back from them........this was about 3 days ago......and still no response.Less Nothappy • Reviewed on dometic.com. Found more complaints at https://www.google.com/search?q=Dome...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Not relative to the thread, someone else posted this 9 months ago somewhere else.
I believe that only the model 300 toilet that has that issue if I'm not mistaken.
OP was questioning the model 320.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:47 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Not relative to the thread, someone else posted this 9 months ago somewhere else.
I believe that only the model 300 toilet that has that issue if I'm not mistaken.
Correct, the 320 isn't effected with that issue. I can't recall if that was just the 300 or also the 310.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:30 AM   #55
Site Team

I have the 310 and have no issue with it other than it's to low for me!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #56
bap

Is the water fitting on the toilet a standard 7/8 ballcock toilet thread like a home toilet?
Old 05-16-2022, 12:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post

So far it working pretty good I am glad that I install it, now I'm hoping to buy a motorhome soon, I did put down money and hopefully will pick it up in a few weeks. Now do I leave it in or do I take it out and put the old one back in so I can use it in my new motorhome.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:24 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
Is the water fitting on the toilet a standard 7/8 ballcock toilet thread like a home toilet?

No sir it's 1/2 inch.