Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2019, 06:55 AM   #1

Full body paint or standard finish ?

Does a unit with full body paint help with the longevity of the exterior? I understand it's easier to clean then the standard finish. I'm looking for exterior finish upgrades that will help keep the exterior in shape.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by villui View Post
Does a unit with full body paint help with the longevity of the exterior? I understand it's easier to clean then the standard finish. I'm looking for exterior finish upgrades that will help keep the exterior in shape.
I think full body paint, properly applied, is a plus in all aspects. Easier to clean and will retain wax longer. Resale value should be boosted a bit also. I wanted it on my Pinnacle when I ordered it but DW said we can find other things to do with the $9,000 they want for that option...........I humbly agree.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Third choice... How about a full body vinyl wrap (like I did).

I didn't like the original exterior on the Redhawk, so the first thing I did when I brought the rig home was to have all the original decals and Jayco advertising removed, then we designed our own custom exterior, and had a local wrap guy complete it.
Attached Thumbnails
new exterior2b.jpg  
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Third choice... How about a full body vinyl wrap (like I did).

I didn't like the original exterior on the Redhawk, so the first thing I did when I brought the rig home was to have all the original decals and Jayco advertising removed, then we designed our own custom exterior, and had a local wrap guy complete it.
Looks great............how does it hold up compared to other finishes? Is it similar to an all encompassing decal?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Looks great............how does it hold up compared to other finishes? Is it similar to an all encompassing decal?
Probably comparable to a vinyl decal, has a 5 year warranty. I can wax over it to protect it.

I, like you was looking at full body paint, and had similar prices. This wrap was a lot less, so even after a handful of years, if problems start, and I still own the rig, I'll just get another custom, one of a kind, wrap done.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by villui View Post
Something else I noticed with my vinyl wrap. I don't have to wash the exterior, nothing sticks to it. I've washed the exterior only once in 7 months.

Even after it was dirty from camping, having muddy splashes up on the sides from running through mudholes and road dirt, the next time it rains, it all runs off.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #7

Wrap cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Probably comparable to a vinyl decal, has a 5 year warranty. I can wax over it to protect it.

I, like you was looking at full body paint, and had similar prices. This wrap was a lot less, so even after a handful of years, if problems start, and I still own the rig, I'll just get another custom, one of a kind, wrap done.
What was cost to wrap yours?
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfoote3 View Post
What was cost to wrap yours?
It was $3800, and that included taking off all the original Jayco/Redhawk decals.