Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2019, 08:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammac36 View Post
Thank you! That is funny that we have almost the same! Going to buy the camera system this weekend, no doubts after all the great feedback.

How do you like the 30.5 MLOK? Just found out today ours will be of the production line on 5/10. Ordered in January, so we are crazy excited to get it! Cant wait to hear how your experience has been.
Congrats on your new unit!

We picked ours up last August. I had the shortest PDI on any of my RVs. That was due in part to doing part of the PDI during the sales process. I also had the dealer install my hitch a couple days before delivery. When I went out for that, the unit wasn't ready but the dealer let me start the PDI while I waited for them to install it. Everything I found was minor and addressed before delivery. The PDI on delivery day took less than an hour and everything met my expectations.

Since then there have been a couple minor issues, and I'd advise you to be on the look out as well..

First, plumbing leaks are a problem. The water lines are PEX and screw directly onto the faucets. Virtually every time we went out last year there would be a decent leak under the kitchen sink. The lines are poorly secured and movement while towing kept loosening the fittings. I also had the same issue with the bathroom faucet.

I just (in the past few days), added residential water shutoff valves to the kitchen faucet and secured the water lines from any movement. No leaks on our last outing. I plan to do the same with the bathroom.

The water leak was along the back corner where the kitchen is. I couldn't definitvely identify where the water was coming in but had a solid theory that the corner trim on the outside wasn't properly sealing. Since it was March, and we had a relatively warm day I ran out and put some sealant along the seam. Unfortunately all I had was white so it looks bad right now. When the weather finally warms up I'll clean it out and replace it with gray.

We had mice this past winter. I've never had the issue was past RVs, but this one has a lot of unsealed holes and passages that make it easy for the mice to move around. I'm slowly plugging up those holes as I find them.

Those things aside, and they're all relatively minor as far as I'm concerned, the thing has been a lot of fun and much more reliable than the Forest River that it replaced. I think you'll enjoy it a lot! The kitchen is highly functional compared to others we've had and it has a ton of cupboards to go around!

We didn't get the fireplace, 50amp, 2nd AC, solid surface countertops, or SaniCon options. I do wish we had the fireplace and 2nd AC, but we camp primarily in the Northeast, so the extra AC is only needed for a handful of days each season. I'm glad I saved the money!

Good luck with yours!
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrnd2all View Post
I've used the system on both '17 F-250 shortbed and now a '19 F-350 Longbed with an '18 Eagle 317RLOK with no issues.
Great! Thank you
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
Congrats on your new unit!

We picked ours up last August. I had the shortest PDI on any of my RVs. That was due in part to doing part of the PDI during the sales process. I also had the dealer install my hitch a couple days before delivery. When I went out for that, the unit wasn't ready but the dealer let me start the PDI while I waited for them to install it. Everything I found was minor and addressed before delivery. The PDI on delivery day took less than an hour and everything met my expectations.

Since then there have been a couple minor issues, and I'd advise you to be on the look out as well..

First, plumbing leaks are a problem. The water lines are PEX and screw directly onto the faucets. Virtually every time we went out last year there would be a decent leak under the kitchen sink. The lines are poorly secured and movement while towing kept loosening the fittings. I also had the same issue with the bathroom faucet.

I just (in the past few days), added residential water shutoff valves to the kitchen faucet and secured the water lines from any movement. No leaks on our last outing. I plan to do the same with the bathroom.

The water leak was along the back corner where the kitchen is. I couldn't definitvely identify where the water was coming in but had a solid theory that the corner trim on the outside wasn't properly sealing. Since it was March, and we had a relatively warm day I ran out and put some sealant along the seam. Unfortunately all I had was white so it looks bad right now. When the weather finally warms up I'll clean it out and replace it with gray.

We had mice this past winter. I've never had the issue was past RVs, but this one has a lot of unsealed holes and passages that make it easy for the mice to move around. I'm slowly plugging up those holes as I find them.

Those things aside, and they're all relatively minor as far as I'm concerned, the thing has been a lot of fun and much more reliable than the Forest River that it replaced. I think you'll enjoy it a lot! The kitchen is highly functional compared to others we've had and it has a ton of cupboards to go around!

We didn't get the fireplace, 50amp, 2nd AC, solid surface countertops, or SaniCon options. I do wish we had the fireplace and 2nd AC, but we camp primarily in the Northeast, so the extra AC is only needed for a handful of days each season. I'm glad I saved the money!

Good luck with yours!
This is awesome information. We were just told that it will be off the line on 5/10, and that the model year will now be a 2020. We are in NH so we expect a few weeks to get it here from Indiana. Have heard nothing but great reviews on our dealer so we are hoping for a smooth PDI. But I will have all the info above in my notes to check.

We did get the 50 amp service and fireplace and I'm really happy we did, told the fireplace on a cool morning with a cup of coffee is the best . Other items we opted for were the solid countertop, theater seating, auto leving. Didn't get the 2nd AC either as we are in NH and plan to stay closer to home the first few years.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Will be reading all the great tips and information in the forum to navigate through the next many months of this new adventure!

Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplunkett View Post
I have a 2018 GMC 2500HD towing a 339FLQS. 40’ 5er with 1 rear and both sideview Furrion cameras.

I have no reception issues and I use the 7” display in place of my rear view mirror when towing.

I know, its not a Ford. But the system is solid.
Thank you!
Reese Goosebox
Old 05-02-2019, 04:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
I have a 2016 F150 and a Jayflight SLX 212QBW and the Furrion was nothing but problems. Cut in and out while driving. Furrion claimed it was low voltage (12.3V at camera, checked with meter. Had changed all the trailer marker and tail lights to LED to cut down voltage drop). Then they said the antenna was too low and suggested taller antenna with 5db boost. Nope. Then told the distance was too far (approx. 40 feet) followed by "it's because Ford uses aluminum.

Ended up not being aware mount for bike rack had broken and 2 $1k mountain bikes had fallen off more than a mile behind on the interstate. Junked the Furrion and installed an RVS system developed for 100ft range on semis. Will see how that works.
Sorry you had so much trouble! Good luck with the new system.
Reese Goosebox
Old 05-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammac36 View Post
This is awesome information. We were just told that it will be off the line on 5/10, and that the model year will now be a 2020. We are in NH so we expect a few weeks to get it here from Indiana. Have heard nothing but great reviews on our dealer so we are hoping for a smooth PDI. But I will have all the info above in my notes to check.

We did get the 50 amp service and fireplace and I'm really happy we did, told the fireplace on a cool morning with a cup of coffee is the best . Other items we opted for were the solid countertop, theater seating, auto leveling. Didn't get the 2nd AC either as we are in NH and plan to stay closer to home the first few years.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Will be reading all the great tips and information in the forum to navigate through the next many months of this new adventure!

Thanks again!
Autoleveling is a must (IMO) although some would probably disagree. Mine didn't come with it but I sourced the parts and installed the system in my driveway. Being able to push a button and have the thing level out while I do things like hook up power and water is a huge timesaver. Overall it works great, especially if you read the manual to understand some of the things to look out for (i.e. making sure there's enough movement in the front jacks so it can level itself front to back).

One more tip... I couldn't find this info posted anywhere last year when I was looking... If you're looking to add televisions to the outside TV compartment and/or bedroom, the ideal size (IMO) is 32". You can probably sneak a 40" in the bedroom, but definately not in the outdoor compartment. Don't waste your money on expensive RV wall mounts either. I purchased mine from Amazon for less than $20 each and both came with HDMI cables. The TV's haven't even budged during any of our trips.

With any luck you'll be out camping in June! Make sure you let us know how you make out!
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 AM   #27

Will do! Thanks again for all the info! Will keep you posted. Now I need a hitch! Will be posting to get opinions this morning.
Reese Goosebox